Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gypsy Rose

When I was a little girl I dressed up as a gypsy for Hallowe'en one year and it was my favourite costume of all. When I saw the name of this fabric line by Fig Tree & Co. a definite feeling of nostalgia set in and I knew I had to do something with it. A charm pack later and here is the start of it!


The pattern is by The Button Bush and goes together in a snap but it certainly was fun playing with the colours and figuring out what square to put where. (It kind of reminds me of doing jig saw puzzles!)

Anyway, I liked it so much and now another charm pack later and I am in the midst of another runner, this time by This & That Pattern Co.; these little things certainly are addictive! Although I jumped the gun and posted a picture of the first one before it's even finished I will wait until I have the second done before I post it - right now it's pin-basted and waiting for quilting.

Did I mention they are samples for the store and I want to take them in when I work tomorrow? Enough writing then!

No comments: