Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yesterday I took a machine quilting class offered at the store by Chi Chi and in addition to thoroughly enjoying it, I learned a lot. She uses and teaches a Stop-Start method that certainly works for me - so well in fact, that I didn't even notice I don't have the needle down feature on my sewing machine! That has been a sore point with me since the first day I slid a quilt under the presser foot and started quilting. She also has a way of maneuvering and quilting large quilts on home sewing machines that I am anxious to try on the quilt I have been working on for my mother - it's 15 years in the making and has been at the quilting stage for 13 of them! I may just surprise her at the end of the month when she gets back from holidays....

In my last post I mentioned a give away so here we go. The first person that comes into the Sewing Basket on Friday, July 10 and tells me what method Chi Chi uses for machine quilting gets a gift from me!

By the way, the store opens at 9:00 am...


No comments: