Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm So Excited!

Today is a busy day; I have to start nailing down the projects for my Christmas Cupboard  classes as well as the corresponding recipes. I am making pretty good progress in narrowing things down, especially as we have cut down the number of classes. I am hoping to try out a few new techniques I am developing that will make things much easier for the fiddly little ones and one involves freezer paper - just another way to combine quilting and the kitchen! (And no, it isn't applique...)

I have to come up with a runner, cards, ornaments, gift bags and table decorations and get the samples finished by the end of August. Yikes! (I promise to post pictures on here as I complete them) I am thinking the runner will be a type of snowflake runner so people can use it for winter rather than just Christmas. There is a strong trend in the design world toward that and I think it's a great idea, especially for us Canadians who "celebrate" winter. The rest will be quick projects with lots of variations so they will hopefully appeal to all levels. And if I hope to have all this done in just over a month I had best get busy...

2 comments:

Laura said...

You should make something with snowflakes and an Inukshuk... call it the Vancouver 2010 touch!

Because the Olympic rings might be a bit much... ;-)

Jillayne said...

You are a nut - an Olympic loyal nut!