Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!



Here it is July 1 and I should be thinking in red and white and instead I am thinking Christmas! A customer was in the shop a few weeks ago and loved the Holiday Chorus quilt we have hanging as a kit sample. "Wouldn't that make a lovely table runner?" she said. And we agreed. So..... I'm sure you know the rest of the story already.... here is the work in progress!


A Good Start!

So far I have completed the centre block and picked the two panels. I fiddled around for half an hour last night and again this morning trying to decide what to do with the setting triangles as the quilt pattern has some lovely piecing for that area but it creates awkward areas when making a runner. After much carry on I have decided that plain old triangles will be best and then I can mess with the border a bit. Unfortunately I don't have enough of the right fabric (and it is just right!) so the whole thing will have to wait until the store is open again tomorrow. The good news is that there is lots of the "right" fabric left; the bad news is I promised the customer it will be done for Friday. 

I suspect I will be busy, busy, busy tomorrow.

Oh, and I promised the pattern would be ready too! 




No comments: