Saturday, August 1, 2026

in the landscape


back in the land, and landscape I love...

arrived one week ago today and has it been a whirlwind

lots of visiting with family and friends, playing with the grandkids over and over and over again and several splendid walks along the river and through the bush not to mention three days of camping in the midst of tall, tall trees and a wild creek

happy and tired

four weeks to go

the day after I arrived I tagged along on a playdate with the kids and managed a couple of short river walks, one to skip stones with a special seven year-old and the other taking a number of photos of these...




clambering over a pile of large sharp boulders meant to protect the river bank from erosion during some the extreme high water occurring these past several years I managed to get a few good closeups of the wood texture and grain




serious creative fodder








before I left Salmon Arm I printed a few images of driftwood planks I had from the  Taku Arm of Tagish Lake

I hadn't completed Day 30 of the Sketchbook Challenge and knew I would be doing it whilst in the north...  the prompt was to just do whatever came to mind, to explore what mattered to you in a way that pleased you based on everything you had learned about yourself and your preferred methods along the way

and so, I did this

though I used the prints of wood from Taku I now have the above close-ups above so going forward they will be appearing my work with the pilings as and when




as ever, there is more to be done but this is all I could manage before said camping trip and as I'm just squeaking in under the wire with this post so I'll post the finished version next Saturday

in the meanwhile I'll be hanging out at the intersection of Pure Delight and Creative Inspiration!

take care,

Jillayne 

No comments: