Tuesday, October 5, 2021

a change of pace

a change of pace in more ways than one... I'm moving pretty slowly these days, 
keeping pace with a chatty 2 1/2 year-old boy... 

our little grandson

mommy and daddy are working from home, and with another little one arriving soon I'm in Calgary to help out

these are indeed the best of times

whilst he power naps for two hours in the afternoon I'm amusing myself with making things like this...



a giant pom-pom

lighter than air, fluffy white yarn to make this pom-pom that will sit astride this:


0 - 3 months size knitted hat with tiny pink hearts
(thank heavens for jumbo yarn!)


I've never been a great knitter but thanks to YouTube and some well written patterns I'm doing OK and actually enjoying myself.

Next up is one with a little blue truck for the little man...

I did bring a stack of art supplies with me so will have other things to post as time allows but for the next month I may not follow my usual routine of posting on the weekends - there are stories to read and games to play, towers to build and trucks to crash!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm sure the pair of you are having a ball!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Trying very hard not to feel too envious of 'grandie time'. How I miss having that with our three littles. Give yours an extra cuddle from me!!

Christine Barnes said...

A two hour power nap sounds like bliss!

Marj Talbot said...

Enjoy every moment.
Good knitting job. The young lass will love it for sure.
Take care and stay safe.