Saturday, July 27, 2024

lake colour

a slightly overcast day... the light diffused

blues softened, pairing beautifully with the grey-green of the foliage

love how it all looks on the sand dunes


Lake Bennett is my favourite of the Yukon lakes

from the beach looking out nothing has changed, no development, no signs of man except for when the train rolls along the shore

 peaceful


last August a friend and her husband went west rather than south, into Windy Arm, which on that day was anything but

same kind of day though, the light diffused, a dead calm

a click of the camera in one direction...


and again in another... ninety seconds apart


if you ever wondered where my love of subtle came from...

"oh there's a land, have you seen it?"

2 comments:

Christine Barnes said...

I gazed at these photos for several minutes, breathing slowed... I understand completely.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I can 'see' the first photo translated into embroidery. And the last two photos simply don't look real, even though I know they are. Beautiful and serene.