Saturday, March 16, 2024

why fight it...

yes, why fight it... I like the sound of that much better than "surrender to it"

I suppose because I really am a "fighter" in many ways, mostly internal and the idea of surrendering just doesn't sit right - more control in the former I think, more of a choice

anyway...

I fight with myself in order to do the things I want to do but I have learned, to quote Michael J. Fox in the movie "The American President" that you don't fight the fights you can win, you fight the fights that are worth fighting

and in a very strange, twisted way that suits me a to a tee...  I've stopped fighting the disappointment in not getting my drawings right the first time but am sticking to the fight to get them right in the end

it's most definitely a fight worth fighting

today I took that to a new level and drew #2 right beneath #1... no need for a new page - easier to have what I don't want right in front of my face


above - inktense pencil
below -a  tinted charcoal pencil

the tinted charcoal pencils by Derwent are my new firm favourite

the colours are perfect and the way they take water is so delightful

I like the inktense but I just don't have the energy for them right now

sporting a cold, I'm too tired to really dig in to figure them out

just not a fight worth fighting right now

2 comments:

Christine Barnes said...

I too am discovering the delights of tinted charcoal.. which I have written about at length in my email so delighted to come here and see you on that road too. Yes, accept what we are not happy with but strive to do better... it's all part of the learning curve and the successes become sweeter when they happen.

Take care - I hope your cold gets better soon. As they say... just enjoy your ill health and put your feet up.

Rachel said...

Good decision - inktense are a bit tricksy (I've not made sense of them yet, either) and if you have something you enjoy working with, absolutely go for that!