Wednesday, February 13, 2019

the colour of love

love is Grey...

for many, the colour of love is red

for me though, it is grey

a beautiful soft grey

a baby named "Grey"

Grey Everett, my grandson, appeared in my life just over a week ago and already he fills my heart and my thoughts in so many ways...


we had the joy of being included in the first week of his life, witnessing a family grow, wondering yet again at the expansive, never-ending story of love

hearts grow to bursting, love is unconfined

watching Grey's mother and father love and care for him was amazing to see, the pure delight in just looking at him shone in their eyes... 


it's amazing to me how quickly these tiny humans steal your heart, how you know everything and yet nothing about them in those early days

 my very wise friend Christine wrote eloquently of how living in the present moment is what babies do, and in that, they take us there as well... days go by where nothing but tending and gazing upon them is all that is done, really, all that needs doing

a time apart from the ordinary flow of life

what a gift to have been part of that


and now, one week on, Grey is already losing some of that newborn look, his cries are getting stronger, those delightful baby creases are well on their way


in the quiet moments during that week I sat quietly stitching away at the table, working at a piece of slow stitching, thinking about the nature of love and life... and, on an impulse, I filled this cut-out heart with blue-grey French knots


because after all, love is Grey

14 comments:

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Wonderful news! Grey is beautiful and of course I adore the name. Best wishes to all

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations, Jillayne and may you stitch many Grey hearts ... :-)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh how sweet, and congrats to all of you!!! I can't wipe this smile off my face.

Happy Valentine's Day ~ FlowerLady

Laura Wickware said...

We love you and miss you terribly! XO

FlashinScissors said...

Congratulations Jillayne!
Grey is very sweet! What a lovely post!
Gorgeous stitching! Looking forward to seeing many more Grey hearts?!
Barbara xx

Rachel said...

Congratulations to you all!

Karen said...

Such a lovely post written with deep understanding of this precious time in the life of this much loved little one. Congratulations to all on the birth of the treasure that is Grey.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

There is no other love like the love for a grandchild. I was prepared to fall in love with ours but not to the extend I did. It was immediate and it was overwhelming. Welcome to the world little Grey - may it treat you kind.

Janie said...

So precious and priceless!
He is a gift isn't he?
Happy Valentines Day.

Christine Barnes said...

I think I have already spoken my heart to you... and now an ever widening smile as a I read these beautiful words about this so very precious and lucky young man.

Marj Talbot said...

Congratulations to everyone. Delighted to see this post and the pictures, and so happy for you that you were able to be there for this happy event.
Best wishes to all and thanks for sharing this special time.

Monica said...

Oh my, I had no idea! We have to resume our regular letters!
What a precious bundle of JOY! A new beautiful flower to grace planet Earth with his gifts and smiles.
Monica xoxo

Createology said...

Congratulations Sweet Jillayne. Being a Grandma is the very best feeling ever. (Until you become a Great Grammy which I am fortunate to be now). Grey is precious and so sweet.

Karen said...

I have also fallen a little in love with your handsome, adorable little man. I feel as if I know your heart.......