Saturday, November 28, 2015

stringing you along...

"dragging you along" might be a tad more accurate...

may i inflict one more mitten post on you????

as i was working away on the mittens from the previous post i happened upon a package of paper napkins with an image of felt mittens strung on strings that reminded me of a clothesline

they inspired me to scoot home and try my hand at my own designs...


these ones are all felt...

the pattern is my own - but seriously, it's a mitten... how many ways can there be to draw one???

there is a wonderful satisfaction though in taking pencil in hand (and a rather large eraser in the other!) and coming up with your own

i wanted a fatter, curvier mitten than the ones in the previous post

with simpler appliques - less contrived, more "me"


this white one with pale blue and grey is my favourite
{duh!}


but this tree one is a close second... very close

i do love how the blue seems to glow


 a ragged star on green hounds-tooth


{my favourite gets two showings!}


perfectly paired with a grey heart on dark brown with a pink cuff

sigh

even the cut-out is pretty...


 five little mittens strung in a row

complete with pom pom snowballs

i feel an addiction coming on...

14 comments:

Marj Talbot said...

They are all gorgeous. Funny - there's unlimited ways to make these little mittens and you have shown some for sure.
I love the "clothesline" way of putting them all together - the possibilities are endless.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful project.

Christine B said...

I love your mitten "bunting". I imagine they would give a lovely cosy feeling to a room. Love all the wools together, each one different. I couldn't think of a nicer way to get addicted.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

These are really sweet. I'd have to say the Christmas tree is my favorite, with the heart being second this time. :-)

Happy Holidays ~ FlowerLady

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Jillayne, lovely mitten line. Your work is beautiful and what a special treasure to add to the Christmas and winter decor.
Happy Creating! xo

Rachel said...

I remember wearing mittens-on-a-string when I was a child. A charming reminder!

Dorthe said...

So sweet and lovely they are on their string and with the pompoms Jillayne. Beautiful with the little extra colors in cuffs !!
Dorthe xo

oldgreymareprimitives said...

and as always you worked a star in there. What is it with the two of us and our star fetish/?<3
Looking merry and bright over your way.

FlashinScissors said...

Hello Jillayne,
I love your mitten and snowball bunting, such a great idea! Even cuter the first batch of mittens! Love 'em.
Barbara xx

deanna7trees said...

oh they are wonderful. so soft and cozy. i can see how it can become an addiction.

Karen B. said...

Oh Jillayne,
they are the cutest ever! Truely love your creations!
Many hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh these look so gorgeous all strung up in a garland. The colors are great and I love the cut outs too. You could hang almost anything in between. Love the little added cuffs too!
Happy Festive Season Jillayne!
Hugs,
Suzy

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I like these - a lot!! I am imagining them as an advent 'calendar' too...wouldn't that be fun?

FredaB said...

The mittens are wonderful little works of art. I like the idea of the pompom snowball also. You are so inventive.

Hugs
FredaB

Createology said...

How fun that a paper napkin inspired this felt mitten string. Simply lovely!