Wednesday, February 25, 2015

something blue...



today the sun shone brightly

it has been shining off and on for a few days now
we've had a very gloomy, foggy winter but lately the sun has come back and there is real warmth in it

i feel bright and shiny and happy myself

today i had time to work on something i actually felt like working on...


 i found the stack of bits and pieces that make up the "faith" piece i started working on many weeks ago

the scrim lace has been stitched around all the openings and today i cross-stitched a little blue flower on one


a little bit of colour, of substance, perched delicately on a bit of froth


 a detail taken from the lettering i did before


everything working together, one borne from the other, all relative


 it will take me a few days to get reacquainted with all the parts of it, find my way back to what i had planned, knowing some plans will seem less rosy now and may give way to new ideas... i don't care really - i wasn't so attached to any of them that they can't be let go

i'm more inclined to let this piece unfold as it should, happy just to be able to pick it up again

even with the waste canvas work still to be done


 i'm considering what else to add to the scrim lace - be it more flowers, or perhaps tiny rosebuds?

yes - i think rosebuds

they're simple, sweet and can be tucked in here and there - the idea of rosebuds excites me greatly


i've done some calligraphy in the past where rosebuds were incorporated into the words so i'll first see if i can rustle up those samples 

then i'll find myself a new blue pen


i love how ideas wait until you're ready for them

i've thought about this piece a few times over the past month, wishing i had the time for it, getting cranky because i didn't, wondering what i would do next, reluctant to think about it too much, knowing it had to wait 


but it doesn't have to wait anymore 
and neither do i...

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Looking good, I agree.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

This is so sweet and delicate! The little rose is just right. Sometimes we do have to step back from what we are working on, and the something comes to us that is just right for the project.

Happy Creating ~ I just love my sweet little brown heart. :-) Thank you again.

FlowerLady

Marj Talbot said...

I love the little blue flower. To do calligraphy in embroidery is a terrific idea and would look great in many places/projects. Great work - thanks tons for sharing.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Blue flowers - I adore them!! Blue is my favourite colour so I can't help but like them. So glad you have time now to play with this - I can sense your excitement.

Suztats said...

Love the froth, and the plans you've shared. looking forward to seeing more of this work.
It's funny how sometimes we rush through a project to find ourselves dissatisfied with the result, when, if we had only waited, inspiration would have come.........

Shirley said...

Good Morning, I always enjoy stopping by to see what you are working on. The delicate flowers are precious. It is fun to watch what we are working on come alive. I can't wait to see it with tiny roses. I know it is going to look awesome and delicate. Have a great day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley

Wendy said...

This is so beautiful! Love the little blue flower and the lettering is wonderful. Where did you get your lettering or did you make the design yourself? Just beautiful!

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

So beautiful and delicate! Yes, rosebuds will be perfect, can't wait to see them make their appearance Jillayne. Happy stitching!

karen said...

I do love the addition of the blue, the muted shades you have chosen.

suziqu's thread works said...

Georgeous stitching with the lace scrim! The little blue flower is just the perfect addition!
It's all a bit like fairy floss - so soft and romantic looking!
Hugs Jillayne,
Suzy

Mary Walden said...

Jillayne,
Just got my Thankful Heart on Thursday! It is so soft and sweet and perfect and I am indeed "thankful" for it.
You are so wonderful!
I love the openwork with just a hint of color.
Have a lovely weekend.
Mary

Createology said...

Seeing your works of art truly makes me swoon. I am mesmerized by your creative process and results. Rosebuds are very precious and sweet.