Tuesday, July 8, 2014

creating the day away...

some would call it working in a series...

for me, it's just being single-minded
nothing else can get in

right now it's hexagons
blue ones


this was the first effort at a "sky" block for my latest project
the hexagon suits my idea of a sky shape so i basted this block of various blues

using pre-cut paper shapes as a guide to cut roughly cut the fabric pieces using only scissors

i thought about cutting up some of my snippet cloth for a hexagon


 but i couldn't quite bring myself to do it, not yet

so i did the next best thing...


i sewed snippets to my hexagons!


and i love them... absolutely love them


i think i could be addicted to making them

i'm going to add some hand embroidery to these


and some other interesting techniques for adding texture to paper


figuring out ways to layer them


they're like building blocks...

pretty building blocks for playing with, and creating the day away



9 comments:

Karen B. said...

Dear Jillayne,

everything just looks so beautiful!

Hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Monica said...

Yes... nothing else can get in!! I totally get the feeling! LOL And yes, days and days and months I'd spend chatting with you (over tea and cake!) about the creative process, philosophical ideas and on and on!:)
By the way, I've JUST discovered (this morning, that is!) a veeery cute, brand-new tea room in Stow! Next time we'll go there!
xoxo

Dorthe said...

They are so beautiful and adorable, dear Jillayne,- just love them,too-
I`m happy you did not cut the snippet cloth ,that would have been a pitty, it is amazing!!!
Hugs,Dorthe

Shirley said...

Good Morning, Third time is a charm to try to leave a comment for you. I am catching up with friends while I wait to go back to the college to pick up my grandson. I had to see what you were working on and it is beautiful. I enjoyed your previous post and seeing your painting with water colors. I enjoyed reading your blog. Have a wonderful day. Take care.Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Can't wait to see what you are going to build with your lovely hexagons!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Love the snippet look on the paper hexagons, lots of interest. Nice choice of color.
Deb

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Jillayne, you are always amazing and I love the snippets using the paper hexagons. Truly a wonderful work of art and I love the shades of blue.
Enjoy the process.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs

epocktextiles said...

love the effects with these hexagons

Createology said...

Bluetiful blues in everything you have touched with your creative hands and spirit. Paper and snippets of fabric, thread and laces are indeed gorgeous. Staying in the moment and letting nothing else intrude is such a blessing dear. Creative Blue Bliss...