Thursday, June 26, 2014

what's your sign?


home again, wondering where to start...

planting, watering, weeding

dusting, vacuuming,tidying

stitching, quilting, knitting

the list is lengthy, but the days are long too, for now

i was on an errand a few days before we left, passing a favourite shop window, when a hanging sign caught my eye

i've long been a lover of words and quotes and signs, but a reluctant purchaser

there is such a commitment when it's in print

this one, though... this one was a little harder to ignore









"believe in the wonders of tomorrow"

some of my favourite words in this one, not least of all, "tomorrow"

not so much because i am good at procrastinating
{i am, but that's seriously beside the point!}

rather, it's because "tomorrow" in itself is a promise; a promise there's more to come

hopefully it's more good stuff, but then again,  there can be a comfort in that it can also mean the end of the bad

 and of course,  the wonders of tomorrow could also be all the things i want to get done, wondering how on earth i am going to fit them all in!

anyway, i bought it, i love it and now i have to figure out where i'm going to hang it

i saw another sign in sisters whilst we were on holiday

done in the same style, three separate signs strung together with chain... the colours were in that beautiful soft palette of grey, beige and white that i love so much

"happily ever after"

i would have bought it except i already had this one

 such a common little phrase
but with such momentous meaning

now i'm seeing signs everywhere and it made me wonder..

what's your sign????

6 comments:

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

I love words incorporated into art, the last two tags that I made have quotes included in them/on them. Love your new sign, what a great saying and love the old, chippy, weathered appearance. 'Always Kiss Me Goodnight' is one that has always appealed to me and Ralph Waldo Emersons 'The Earth laughs in flowers' is another favourite. But there are so many good ones, it hard to pick just one! Welcome home Jillayne!

Monica said...

"Savor the wonders of today".
xoxo

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely post! I love your new sign. And I especially love the one "happily ever after".

I am always inspired when I visit your blog. Thank you.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

HI Jillayne, love your new sign and the words are so inspiring. I love many signs and quotes and always have loved them around my home.
My favorite is from my dad,
"Find what you love to do and you will never work a day of your life"
I also love,
"Care enough to do the right thing"

Have a wonderful weekend my friend.
Hugs

Dorthe said...

Love your wonderful sign dear Jillayne,- It is beautiful, and the words so meaningfull. Also love your rambling ,alwayes makes me smile, my friend.
Love this one :
Forgiveness is the final form of love.
Reinhold Niebuhr

Hugs,Dorthe

Becca said...

Hi friend! Gosh! I've been so lax about blogging lately! I can't seem to keep up anymore with all I want to do! That's a really neat sign, where'd you put it?