Sunday, March 9, 2014

savouring...




funny how a word can keep popping into your mind at the oddest times

funny peculiar, not funny ha-ha - i suppose i should have said "odd" ... odd how we use words - odd as in curious, not weird... where was i going with this...?

 oh yes, savouring savour

i did cut up my petal paper 

i savoured it's wholeness for a week and then i did it


this is my heart-word square for march 
{for my twelve-months-of-good-words-that-remind-me-life-is-grand wall-hanging based on words re-visited from 2012}

kinda wish i'd cut it up sooner, but i was a little afraid of ruining it

i thought it would be a good thing but some of you scared me a bit... the paper was rather pretty in it's wholeness but sometimes things can be appreciated better if they are presented in a smaller way - it  can sharpen your focus...

anyway, i cut it, blanket-stitched it down and added a few french knots and feather stitch for good measure



the twirly, swirly bit in the centre  caught my eye 

 i had it in my mind to backstitch along the lines, like a connect-the-dots kind of thing but i was afraid of messing it up because now it's something and i'm always afraid of ruining things that are things

so i tried it out on the leftovers...

you can see it on the right below



it's much easier to mess with things that aren't really anything, only themselves

now i've got this far with it, i find this heart square is a big thing to me now...

"savour" was a special word for me back in 2012 - i remember it oh so well

march was when i found out my lump wasn't cancer

i did savour that news for a very long time - still do, but in a different way
the feeling of urgent relief has mellowed into enduring gratefulness

but i did kind of have a plan, just in case... my good friend and i decided a very long time ago we should have each other's back's, when the time comes

she wants her funeral service to be a celebration of life and then happy hour

i want an acknowledgement of a life and then brunch

martinis vs mini-quiche

{she would never let me make mini-quiche for my sale - too much work, she decreed, so i put them on the when-i'm-gone-reception-menu instead!}

she doesn't want her husband to buy a fancy coffin so i'm to ensure it's plywood, good one side

i want to be cremated and flung off a mountain in the yukon

with great luck and some taking care of myself this is all many years in the future
after all, there's still the music to sort out...


13 comments:

lynn said...

its funny how whenever you share one of your projects i say to myself. ohhh thats my very favorite... and then you come up with another beauty.. lol this one really is... i love how the papers are perfect backdrop for the stitching and bits and bobs you added... perfect...
i am a heart addict.. so you had me at the beginning.. thank you so much for the inspiration... and as always for being you
sending big ladybug hugs
lynnl

Karen B. said...

Sweet Jillayne,

yet again a piece of beauty, just so lovely!

Hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Celestina Marie Design said...

Hi Jillayne, This is pure gorgeous. I love how your heart turned out with the stitching and the placement of the designs on the paper. Everything seems to be in just the right spot. As always you create such beauty found in the smallest details.
As for your ending plans, I sure hope this is a long time off in the future!! So happy for your good news back in 2012.

Wishing you a great week and happy creating.
Hugs

Mosaic Magpie said...

Savour....that is how I feel about my visits here. I love your unrushed posts and the attention to details. The heart is beautiful and has so many interesting bits to it. I do like the back stitching along the stitched lines and I LOVE that EVEN buttonhole stitch around the edge. Stitching that was done with care and thought!

oldgreymareprimitives said...

I had to smile. ALthough it drives my kids and family crazy I am always telling them.."Now I want this, not that, and here's the list of girlfriends who should have first dibs on my stuff that you don't want." I am not anxious to go but am amazed at how many folks want to forget this part that we ALL share without fail..so why not have it "our way."

As always your heart sewn or beating is always in the right place. <3

JennyPennyPoppy said...

A very touching and beautiful post Jillayne. I'm a 7 year cancer survivor and "savour" certainly is a wonderful, wonderful word. Sending thoughts of health, happiness and love your way. A beautifully stitched heart word square :)

FredaB said...

Jillayne your hart turned out just beautiful. I love all the bits and the way you stitched them. It looks like you used silk ribbon on the feather stitch. wonderful in all.

I can't wait until I get home and can run to Blicks and check out all the drawers.

Hugs
FredaB

Please do not get any ideas of going anywhere just yet.I have a lot of years on you and I am planning to be around for quite awhile.

deanna7trees said...

your plans for the end of your days made me laugh...but it is good to have the discussion so your friends and family know what you want. i want to be cremated and nothing else. there is no family to argue with me.
you know i love your stitching. i said it all in ss4.

Dorthe said...

Dear Jillayne,
you make me smile--thank you-- your already desited funeral dinner, and service I hope will be far in the future !!!
I totally love your heart, AND the paper you cut it from,-such amazing art work you did, with the silk , lace and linen, on top of thaT beautiful paper.
Thank you also friend, for your dear words to me,- I feel much better, and so hope all will be well in the future .
Hugs from Dorthe

Marj Talbot said...

Oh I can't believe how many different hearts you come up with and thankful that I don't have to choose a favourite. You've totally outdone yourself with this one - it's so nice - can't say enough about it. It's wonderful - my favourite!!!
Oh yes, I'll take the martinis AND the mini-quiche along with The Beer Barrel Polka!!!!

Createology said...

Jillayne Dear I am savouring your every post and word you so interestingly place on paper. This lovely stitched heart is so very beautiful. I think it reflects your beautiful heart. I am beyond thankful that your scare last year with a lump turned out NOT to be cancer. How funny and smart of you to pre-determine your exit "acknowledgement" and brunch. You have me savouring each stitch you take and each word you type my friend...Peace and Bliss for you.

karen said...

I just adore this Jillayne....so much texture and so many layers of gorgeousness. Thanks for the really lovely things you said today about the books and yes....hopefully there won't be any more drama here!
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

Laura said...

Two words:

Mariah. Carey.