Monday, February 10, 2014

making books...


these are two of my favourite books i've made - i don't own either, but i am content with my memories of making them


as requested, i've prepared a tutorial for sewing the pages together and i've placed it in a permanent spot up under the header for my blog so you will always have easy access to it


i'll warn you - it's a long one

lots of pictures, lots of words
hopefully it will all make sense

there is wonderful information on the web you can easily access just by googling "book-binding instructions"

 if you have any questions, drop me a note and i'll do my best to help

i hope if you decide to try this and make a book of your own, you will discover what a joyful thing it is to hold a book in your hands of your own making

for me, it has been a truly wondrous thing

9 comments:

Wendy said...

just beautiful

Celestina Marie Design said...

Hi Jillayne, Beautiful!! I love all the special details you include. I love to design book covers and boxes like this and just finished a book box. Thank you for the inspiration.
Happy Creating.
Hugs

Marj Talbot said...

Lovely books - thanks for the tutorial. This takes me back to the fun times when you taught us to make these books and it inspires me to get with it and make more. They are such fun and exciting to design your own covers. Thanks so much.

Bead and Needle said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh, woman - you DO have a way with fabric and paper! LOVE both of these - love my little Christmas one - love you...happy Tuesday! Tanya

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love the book covers. The heart is sweet!!

Monica said...

Very beautiful and complete tutorial, you did a great job. I'm sure many people out there will make a book of their own now... what a JOY!!!
I was wondering if you have finished the big tartan book you brought along when you visited England... :)
Lots of love,
Monica xo

Createology said...

Lovely books in your beautiful soft style. Excellent tutorial with detailed instructions and photos. Thank you for sharing your hard earned knowledge. Creative Bliss Dear...

Mosaic Magpie said...

The tutorial is A+++. Thank you for all the inspiration and a great tutorial!
xo,
Deb

BumbleVee said...

how weird is this? I was just telling Karen I was going to contact you about book making as I wanted to either buy one or make one of my own seeing as I've not seen any plain page journals anywhere around here yet.... now, I must look at tutorials ...and get some ideas.... thanks Jillayne.....