Tuesday, January 28, 2014

true blue...

love is blue...

remember that song?
{i liked this version the best}
 
it was one of my favourites when i was young, and it seems as i think about it, must have been a strong influence for my partiality to blue and grey


karen showed us how to do this last week and i was smitten, repeating the lesson straight away, using treasured bits of lace and silk purchased in london


 i really liked it, but i didn't love it...


 i left it to langour on my work table for several days, waiting on an idea for taking it further


 in the meanwhile, i tried again...


 this is better

this is me


 plaids and stripe... ragged bits of lace

blue and grey


blue, blue, my love is blue...
 

and so art imitates music...

can you tell i'm singing out loud?

7 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

When one of my younger sisters was little (like 4 years old), she used to stand on the window box in our entry and sing "Blue, blue, my love is blue. do do do do do do dee do do" at the top of her lungs. It was adorable. Thanks for the little walk down memory lane, my friend.

I love your piece, and I agree. It needed the blue! Just the perfect soft touch of color.

See you again soon.
xo
Donna

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

The piece you made with the blue is so lovely, softly visual, comforting and inspiring.

Happy creating ~ FlowerLady

Celestina Marie Design said...

Hi Jillayne, such a gorgeous piece you created and the blue is gorgeous. Soft and pretty and yes, it's you!
Hugs

Dorthe said...

Yes Gillayne, so much better,-so much more allive and beautiful with the embroideries on top...
I have to say I love your no two creation,-
Hugs,Dorthe
Thank you for asking to my health ,dear-- I`m not all well ,but better :-)

Suztats said...

Such a nice earthiness to your second piece, Jillayne, in the fabrics you chose.
I think the first piece would be lovely made into a ring pillow, or wedding day purse for a bride.

The French Bear said...

Beautiful, you have such wonderful pretties!!
Hugs,
Mags
xx

Createology said...

When you know what you like and what makes you happy then your best efforts shine through. You were right to think the first piece wasn't you. With your tweaks and love of soft and muted colors and the gorgeous meandering lacy stitching it is dreamy. Joyful Bliss Dear...