Monday, December 16, 2013

the second step...

my second step back is another re-visit of sorts

we're in the thick of the season of people choosing words that they will wrap around themselves in the coming year

words to give focus and understanding, words to live by

words to draw strength from

two years ago i made the choice to have monthly words, thinking it would be allow for a better concentration on their meaning, and the impact they might have on me

 i would interpret each one in a stitched heart, at the end of the year, combining them all into a small wall-hanging that would be a forever reminder

it was a really good idea, and while a wonderful word did come to me each month, with it's message loud and clear, the attention i wanted to give each of them didn't quite happen...



i managed to make a few of the stitcheries


 but rarely truly pondered the word


a little bit here and there, skimming the surface... mere fragments of true intentions

and they were such good words...


i saved the list i had made, always intending some day to complete the project

the other day I came upon it whilst tidying in my sewing room, and a profound feeling of sadness came over me

another thing that had meant a lot to me, yet it had fallen by the wayside, as i was caught up in the day-to-day drudgery of creating for a commercial environment

as i read those words over, i realized how relevant they still are to me, how meaningful, even now, two years hence


april's "organize"


may's "snippets"


august's "sparkle"

so this year i am choosing them all over again

each month i'll think about, reflect on, and stitch my way through it's word, and i'll do it with embroidery, photography and writing...
continuing on with a journey i began two years ago, a familiar path in some respects, but with some new twists and turns along the way

 twelve little hearts, monthly word hearts, that will tell a story, with a special journal i'll create as i go

i may have upped the ante, but this time i have no intention of folding...


11 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You are so creative, and what a wonderful idea that you are planning to think on and work on this coming year.

I love 'heart's any time of year.

Your work always inspires me to pick up needle, thread, fabric and beads.

Have a lovely Christmas ~ FlowerLady

Celestina Marie said...

Jillayne your work is always an inspiration and when you put words to the stitches it is even more uplifting.
I love hearts and yours are beautiful. I hope this new year brings you all your heart plans to accomplish.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Marj Talbot said...

I made a small project years ago that hangs in my sewing room. The embroidery around it's edges says "Whatsoever the hand finds to go the heart should go forth in unison". I look forward to seeing your 12 hearts with their words all stitched by your hand.

Marj Talbot said...

Sorry for the typo. That should be:
Whatsoever the hand finds to do the heart should go forth in unison.

Createology said...

Lovely hearts and words of wisdom to be combined will be bliss. Time is not important. "It takes as long as it takes." Enjoy the journey of pondering and reflecting and stitching my friend. Peace and Joy Dear...

Dorthe said...

Oh Jillayne, we all seems to have so many plans, and some just don`t succed in being done,-- the plan for creating all 12 hearts, with each it`s own word and make them to a little journal, is a wonderful idea,- and I feel you are sure to complete this one, dear friend..
The ones you already made looks beautiful.
I wish you happy hours and a merry and lovely christmas, Jillayne.
Hugs,Dorthe

Bead and Needle said...

Ohhhhhhhh - I have no doubt you achieved ALL of those words, and MORE...you just don't think you have! Carry on, my friend - hope the holidays ROCK! XOXOXO

Wendy said...

I remember these hearts the first time round so I must have been with you a long time! How lovely that you're taking up the journey again, I'll enjoy watching it unfold.

Diane Kelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane Kelsey said...

Diane Kelsey said...
I still try to live my life by the word you stitched on star "content". I try to be more positive about things and banish negativity from my life. I would still like to have more time to be creative and share my work with others. Perhaps that should be my focus next year. X

Monica said...

This is perfect... in many ways. I'm sure you'll now be able to give this project your undenied attention. You have been an inspiration for me in many ways since we met. I so well remember many of your words...
Lots of love,
Monica xoxo