Thursday, November 28, 2013

seeing stars...

lately i've been seeing stars...

i'm in the midst of two star books, which i will hopefully be able to show you tomorrow or saturday

one starry wallhanging

and a starry card

so today, to help me along on my celestial journey... i made this...


fabric stars suspended in a sea of froth

i suppose it's kind of like the milky way... in a way

it started like this


and ended like this!


 mostly blue stars, one white one

and some just stitched, over and over and over again


 i am so thrilled with how it turned out


it's even prettier in person


and now I am busily cutting it up, stitching them to paper and to cloth, adding embroidery and leaving them plain


 the sky's the limit when it comes to ideas for what to do with this magical one-of-a-kind cloth


the part i like the best?


 when i look at something like this, that has come from the work of my own two hands, i think how lucky i am that i got to make it

i made this

it sends shivers up my spine

8 comments:

deanna7trees said...

i know how you feel...me too...great images here. i do have a hard time cutting it up though.

Monica said...

OMG! Cannot even think of how you could make something like that!
We'd need a good chat over hot cocoa and marshmallows and cake in that cute tearoom in Stow, so you could tell me! :)
Lots of love,
Monica xoxo

Marj Talbot said...

Dancing stars - really nice. I don't know how you could cut it - it's too pretty to cut.

Suztats said...

It's so beautiful!
Wonderful isn't it, to have those moments when we look at something we've created and think, "Wow! Did I do that?!" Magical, and empowering.

Createology said...

Jillayne Dear this is truly beautiful. Starry starry nights created by you with your own imagination and stitching bliss. Very ethereal and calming. Billions and billions and billions of stars in the sky...
You are amazing my friend.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Oh this looks so pretty and interesting!
Deb

Dorthe said...

Dear Jillayne, you made magic here, so beautiful, are your stars ,
and even I think it is scary to cut it up, I`m sure what you does with them will be so very beautiful.
Hugs,Dorthe

Wendy said...

so pretty. How did you make it though? Did you sew over it randomly on a sewing machine? It looks like lace on top