Tuesday, November 19, 2013

it's only words...


words are on my mind these days

words and letters...

book-binding, calligraphy, monograms - they are all calling to me

loudly

there isn't time at the moment for all three so i am contenting myself with a little calligraphy in my embroidery...


the top left corner of this piece has been a mystery since i laid the first pieces of lace

which is pretty much why it's still a big, yawning expanse of white... what to do, what to do, echoing through my mind like a mantra


stars abound on this piece so it made sense to me to put it in blue and white...

the sketch above is the start - what i think i'll do.... embroidery for the thin lines, appliqued fabric for the thick parts

and then more embroidery in the background - that's the part i'm not sure of, which is why i haven't  attempted to sketch anything more than the basics

in my usual fashion, i'll do what i'm sure of first and hope for divine inspiration for the rest

that's how it usually work for me - i begin, and then the ideas start to flow


and this white space will be empty no more

in the meanwhile, i'm satisfying my monogram obsession by looking at this pretty...

a monogrammed napkin, given to me by my friend Vi


 every now and again she spoils me with a beautiful tidbit

this is the finest yet - what a beautiful treat it is!


and when the sale is over i'm going to dig out an empty sketchbook and play the days away...

6 comments:

Marj Talbot said...

Sounds like a great plan - play the days away. You deserve the time to devote to your desires. Love the addition of calligraphy to the project.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jillayne,
Gorgeous!! I love the line, "play the days away" My kind of thoughts exactly. Great sketch for the calligraphy. Beautiful monogram piece from your friend. What an inspiration.
Enjoy and have fun!
Hugs

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Love your sketch and ideas for your piece and I know whatever you decide to do with it from there will be as beautiful as always! Deb

Createology said...

Ahhh...Play the days away. Wouldn't that be nirvana?! Your whitework is stunning and the Star sketch is just right for the empty space. Creative Stitching Bliss Dear...

Deb said...

I love the Star sketch for the calligraphy I think it will fill in the space beautifully. The letter M monogram is quite pretty. I collect vintage hankies and love when I come across one with a monogram.

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

love your beautiful embroideries Jillayne. so so pretty.
also love your travel posts. I so enjoyed all your wonderful photos from beautiful England and Scotland. I'm going back next september. can hardly wait. Thank you so much for sharing.