Tuesday, September 17, 2013

random beauty


so here we are...

and what a wonderful place to be

everything i expected and hoped for and then some



tower big ben

if you read my post announcing this trip then you would remember me mentioning big ben

it was a timex moment when we first laid eyes on it

ten minutes to two...

a short time later we heard it mark the time - so cool


we spent part of sunday evening attending an organ recital in westminster abbey

the walk out was as awe-inspiring as the music... so very old... so very beautiful

this gate in hyde park was striking in it's design


everywhere I cast my eyes there was something magical to see - it was like landing in my very own mary poppins movie...

hyde park was a little different than I expected - beautifully green, big trees, wilder areas

a park for people to be in, move through and enjoy

a place to sit


also on my list was trafalger square

to see lord nelson's lions of stone


dreams coming true

and finally, the street I lived on in london... if only for a short time, it was mine



7 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Welcome to th UK! I'm sure you will love your whole trip. If you go to the Knit and Stitch show on the Thursday, I would love to meet uo for a coffee.

deanna7trees said...

oh so glad you checked in here and to hear you're enjoying it all. wonderful images.

Mosaic Magpie said...

What a wonderful world we live in...so many beautiful things to see. Nice memories you are making.
xo,
Deb

Marj Talbot said...

Terrific pictures - I can only dream of the organ recital - how nice that must have been. Oh - Big Ben!!!! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Createology said...

Dreams do come true dear. Your happiness is coming through in these simple photos and words of joy! Blissful travels and making memories...

Dorthe said...

So happy for you, to have such a beautiful time in London, seing all those old and amazing places and buildings.
Enjoy dear Jillayne.
Hugs from Dorthe

Karen said...

I love London so much....so happy you do too.
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/