Wednesday, September 18, 2013

come walk with me...

come walk with me, if you have some time...
 there's a lovely path we'll follow


it winds along, turning here and there...

but the grass is green and the way is clear
and we shall know no sorrow


through the gate and on we go


past clumps of scented frailties white


with stairs that beckon, do climb them well

to behold their charming vista view


and in green glory, may you find


a place where joy and peace reside




today I met with monica 

we met through blogging several years ago and today we met in person

what a delightful, kind and beautiful soul

she took me to see my very first english garden

bourton house, at bourton-on-the-hill, in the cotswolds


what an amazing day; what a kindred spirit!

we toured the garden, went to an arboretum for lunch and then shopped the charity  and antique shops in stowe-on-the-wold

treasures were found

{we agreed it was likely a good thing we don't live closer or we might be a very bad influence on each other!!!}


sharing our thoughts on living a creative life, our mutual need for solitude, what it means when you find the place where you truly belong, and the joy of following your dreams


she took me to my first english garden, and his alone has been a thing that has changed me... the contradiction of a well-laid out, organized space, with spaces large enough to allow a tangle of flowers and shrubs to provide a beautiful, pastoral view


order allows freedom - they can go hand-in-hand,  side-by-side

mutually compatible, ying and yang, curves and straight lines

i feel as though i am finding myself on this trip, to the place of my roots

I feel the land slowly moving to envelope me, covering my feet, as if pulling me down, taking root...

so much that is familiar to me, so much like going home

11 comments:

Marj Talbot said...

How beautiful - the words, pictures, a new friendship - goose bumps for me. The world is full of wonderful places - you have definitely found one here. I truly enjoyed following you down this wonderful path and can almost smell the flowers. Thanks tons for sharing.

Diane Kelsey said...

A beautiful house and garden, the experience made all the better by sharing it with a blogging friend. Glad you found some treasures in the charity shops.

oldgreymare said...

Goodness how lovely..what a special day for you also :D

deanna7trees said...

a wonderland...and beautiful words.

Createology said...

You are living in a fairy tale dear and describing it beautifully. Lovely photos of your amazing day. Blessings of Bliss...

Tina said...

so glad you could meet up with Monica. I so wish I could have comed down too. Love your photos. Hope the weather is better for you. Here it's rainy days every day.

Monica said...

Lots of love! I'll say that again- thank you for having touched my heart and soul with such grace. The day we spent together was perfect, and I'll remember it forever.
xoxo

Mosaic Magpie said...

What a special post. The photos are beautiful. There is nothing better than finding a kindred spirit and one that is a bad influence...in my opinion is even better.
xo,
Deb

Shirley said...

Good Morning Jillayne, I am so enjoying your trip seeing places that I know I will never be able to go. The scenery is beautiful. I am so happy you are having so much fun. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Suztats said...

Ah! Lovely sights for one's eyes and one's soul! Looks blissful, tranquil.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jillayne,

It was great hearing about your trip and seeing your wonderful photos.
Also lovely that you were able to meet up with Monica in the Cotswolds.
She is such a lovely blogging friend.
Enjoy the rest of your vacation
hugs
Carolyn