Tuesday, May 7, 2013

it seems i have a problem....

a teeny, tiny, little bit of a problem...

today was the start of another class with karen

seems i have an addiction...

i am a karen class junkie

i can't help it though - just look what we're doing




with all sorts of bits of pieces and snippets



karen is the queen of white... my version is greyish-taupe

with a hint of goldish brown - warm colours


i have been waiting a while for this class 

i love lace, love silk, love tissue

love, love, love snippety-bits


 one of the latest discussions in our class group is about what we'll make with what we make

this class is a technique class, not a project one

my favourite kind


i have positively no idea what mine will be

it might not be anything


 it might never "be" anything

other than a beautiful thing i learned how to make


 and made me smile

11 comments:

KW said...

.....love it.....

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Jillayne:
The lace in the last photograph almost resembles the background for your blog! Gorgeous. I can see why you love the technique.
xo
Donna

Bead and Needle said...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - you have NO problem, as far as I can tell! Maybe that you excel at everything YOU touch...no, wait - that's MY problem...it's a jealousy thing...you have NO problems! GORGEOUS, AS USUAL, dear friend - Happy Wednesday - Tanya

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a great class. Your photos are inspiration.

Happy creating ~ FlowerLady

Mosaic Magpie said...

I love the thought of creating just to create....no preset ideas or notions of where it will end. It is already jaw dropping gorgeous!
Deb

Suztats said...

What you've already created is beautiful! To me, the creating is the thing, and what I create may never become something else. And that's okay by me, as it's the learning, the trying out ideas, and making those ideas come to be that is the important thing.....not shaping it into something else, not necessarily making it useful. It's the joy of creating that entices me.......
and I know what you mean about becoming a Karen class junkie--I think I'm on my way......... ;-D...and I love it!

Dorthe said...

Ofcourse you had to take this class as well dear Jillayne- that is just so very beautiful, what you have collected here, I know it will be something so pretty and lovely, my friend.
Dorthe-XO

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous!!! I love what you are creating. I am more of a taupe/cream/golden type of gal and I had to wipe the drool off the screen after I read this post. Have fun!

Createology said...

Jillayne this is one addiction you should fuel and nurture! Amazing how little snippets and strips of lace can be transformed into another equally beautiful lace cloth. Blissful Dear...

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jillayne,
What a wonderful problem to have. I love your lace making. So wonderful and I can make a bet that you will design something fabulous with it.
I would love to do this. I have lots of snippets and I can see it becoming an addiction too.
Have fun, XO CM

Lynn Holland said...

I've got the same problem. I wonder if there is a support group we could attend like an AA group. Or perhaps we can get a tablet to cure us, even a spell in The Priory.
It's a good addiction to have though Jillayne.
Lynn x