Sunday, May 12, 2013

firsts...

first love, first kiss, first smile, first words, first steps

mothers seem to be at the heart of them all


 i'm lucky today, we're going to my mom's for supper
and i'm bringing it with me so she can rest and relax


 i really wanted to make her a macaroni picture... the kind we used to make in grade school

seems every year we made something for mother's day

my kids did the same.... precious gifts

except when Doug was four and the plate he made for me was just a little bit too special

he had tears rolling down his face as he sobbingly told me he had made me something special that he was supposed to give me but he really wanted to keep if i wouldn't mind too much, please?

all the while holding it behind his back

i did what any of us would have done, asked to see it, admired it greatly, and told him the best present would be for him to keep it - he has it to this day

but back to the macaroni picture... didn't work out too well

so today i played around with a new technique we're doing in karen's lace class

my first attempt...


a little fiddly, but i love the results



and now i have something special to take to my mom that i made all by myself

happy mother's day mom!

10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love that piece you just made and wouldn't mind trying that myself. It is fabulous, airy and oh so pretty and feminine.

I love hearts and creating them is always a joy.

Love and hugs to you dear lady.

Thank you so much for your lovely email.

FlowerLady

Mosaic Magpie said...

I am sure your mother loved the dinner and that lovely card.
Deb

Heather said...

Beautiful... and a lovely way to celebrate a wonderful day! Cheers~

Createology said...

You are a wonderful daughter to not only take dinner to your mom but to also make her such a special heart card. Happy Mother's Day Dear...

Deb Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

What a beautiful gift for your Mom Jillayne, not macaroni art but art from the heart <3 Hope you had a lovely supper with your Mom and Happy Mother's Day to you too! Deb

Marj Talbot said...

Now that is the best heart ever - and a special person to receive it. I know she will keep it forever. Maybe the macaroni will be for next year. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post.

Karen B. said...

You are just so sweet! Your Mama is going to love it forever!
many hugs,
Karen B.

Suztats said...

Happy Mother's Day. I hope you and your Mother both had a wonderful day together. It's so fitting that you created this beautiful heart to give to your mother. As mothers, don't we always give our heart away?

Dorthe said...

What a special, and very beautiful heart for your mother, dear Jillayne- beautiful work, - she will just love it! I so loved this post about the gifts from our children when they are little- and your son still keeping the toooo wonderful to give away, gift!! :-)
Hugs,Dorthe

karen said...

aw such a lovely story about your son...bless...I would have loved to have seen your macaroni picture....come on...show us!!
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/