background is done - for now
i may still make a change or two but it's time to move this thing forward
today i started on the trees
using tissue paper
i was surprised how easy it was to do the backstitch through it
i've only ever done a running stitch - back in my days of silk and metal thread embroidery
but as a pattern transfer tool, you just can't beat it
especially when you can't sketch worth beans
but have a big eraser!
it took a lot of discipline not to start removing the tissue paper until all the outlining was done
but then i was rewarded with this
some parts are definitely awkward, but others are unexpectedly graceful
next comes stitching and couching some pretty, sparkly threads, all designed to fill in the trunk and heavier branches, all the while adding glittery frost
i am still thinking i might try to work in some snowflake "leaves"
so much more to do still, and with each step i take i worry more that it will be far too busy, that i have used too many fabrics
in real life, it's much calmer and subdued than it shows here
at least i hope so!
i've updated the frost queen page above as well, located just under the header - there's a few extra photos up there, along with more natter...