Monday, March 11, 2013

dizzy...

my head is spinning...
(this version on youtube has the perfect visual!)

this is the song that has been roaring around my head this past week as i flitted from one project/technique to another, all the while thinking about many more


 i finally got back to my "wrapping cloth"
which i am actually going to finish as quilted wall-hanging so it can go in our upcoming local quilt show


 corners cut from old stained napkins and doilies, now adding embroidery to some of them 
(the lazy daisy flower and french knots on the one at the far right were added by me)


 before i added this row of "points" with a lacy edge i had decided this block was going to be my least favourite
now i am sure i will like it best

call me fickle
(insert heavy sigh here)


 i attached the strip of lace with french knots and now i wish i hadn't

should have been web stitches

think i'll add them in between, on the section with the slit opening - that will be fun, stitching over those openings - yeesh, i do it to myself!


this little pointy corner makes up for that though - it turned out exactly as i hoped for

give, and take


 i have gotten this far with the next round of pages for the cc book project - see the lace?
i love it - now that turned out better than i thought it would too!


 the cheesecloth also makes me pretty darn happy!


 some laces worked better than others, some more obvious, others less so


 thinking about adding some hand embroidery to these

...and also thinking i might be wise to leave well enough alone


  the heart i spoke of trying - simple, and wouldn't this be pretty attached to the front of a card?

these just might be my christmas cards for this year


liking this one best of all

also this week i layered four table-toppers, now ready for quilting
(i am doing an in-depth study of table toppers and have made seven in the last little while - they're like little quilts and so addictive!)
 crocheted a scarf
 did some sketching
worked on the frost queen
started another table topper and cut out a lap quilt
cleaned two closets
emptied two fabric bins
completely sorted and re-organized my ribbons and trims - that was a nasty job!
dealt with my wool situation - yes, it WAS a situation
 organized all my "stuffed" supplies
 got depressed about how many things i want to make, how long they will all take and how little time there is

and then i sat down for lunch and a chat today with a good friend and
got happy again, thinking about how lucky i am

and i realized it was time for a cool change
(and this is the most amazing video ever!)

14 comments:

Karen B. said...

Sweet Jillayne,
Wow.. you have been busy girl!! I would love to sit and quilt with you for a day or two. Your work is so beautiful!!
many hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Bead and Needle said...

HEAVY SIGH, for DEFINITE SURE! On my part, because of all you accomplish that makes the rest of us look like beginners! Or, maybe not the REST of us, but definitely me...I need more will power recently - more time in a day would be nice, too! You ROCK!! HEAVY SIGH, HEAVY SIGH, HEAVIER SIGH...hope the week leads to more beautiful undertakings - XOXOXO

Suztats said...

No wonder you're dizzy with all you've accomplished this week. Wow, I love your white cloth! All those bits of lace there and in the book pages: lovely.

Sandra Foster said...

This is lovely Jill! Right now I am trying to do a crazy quilt design with similiar pieces for a 8 panel lampshade so I know what you mean by your head spinning. I am open to ideas. Sandra

Createology said...

Whew! Just reading all that you have done this week made me dizzy and my head is spinning. Everything you create is magic. Your wrapping cloth is a blissful marriage of laces and stitches. How can you know when it is complete? I believe it will have to speak to you. Oh how fabulous your tissue and lace pages have become. They are divine. Bless you for sharing so that it gives someone like me a boost of inspiration. Clean, sort, organize because it is never completely done. I admit I have been voyeuring Carol's Dress Form Ball today. Happy and Creative My Dear...

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

All of your lovely creations are so inspiring. I'm amazed at all of the different pieces you've been creating.

That video made me smile the sea creatures were all so 'free' and 'happy'. They did not have a care in the world.

Happy Creating ~ FlowerLady

Marj Talbot said...

hmmmmmmmmmm web stitch - haven't done that one - will have to check my book of stitches. The card pages are so nice and will definitely add touch to the books. Can't wait to see mine. I loved the video - so carefree and happy. Thanks for sharing your techniques stitches and inspiration.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jillayne,
WOW you accomplish in one week what takes many a month. Love your creation and the stitch work is amazing.
Thank you for sharing the video. I loved it and the carefree swimming of the dolphins. I have always loved this song and it is perfect for the swimmers.

Wishing you a wonderful week and happy creating.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Those are wonderful projects Jillayne. Very interesting and inspiring. Your white quilt would be perfect for a journal bag too

Dorthe said...

How stunning your white quilted piece is , dear Jillayne- it looks so beautiful, and so does your paper /fabric wraps, -wonderful and inspirering. You truly have accomplished SOOO much ,how do you find time for it all? it is fantastic!
I loved the video ,with the beautiful music, and film!
Hugs from Dorthe

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I'm am loving everything you're working on. Simply beautiful.
Hugs!

Wendy said...

wow, you did all that in one week, and created the beautiful embroidery??

Mosaic Magpie said...

What a list! It must be the time of year...spring fever, it gets our blood flowing. Lots to do and lots done, that is a great day/week indeed. It is great to have bundles of energy and get things accomplished. It makes up for those days we just sit and watch the world go by...although there is a lot of good for our souls on those quiet days too.
Deb

Becca said...

Hi Jillayne! Your work is beautiful! I especially love the neutral colors with the lace and embroidery...lovely!