Sunday, February 17, 2013

card book swap hop

couldn't resist that blog title, even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

but i'm finally ready to start posting about the christmas card book swap i am doing with some of my blogging friends

and as i am adding links for those participants that have blogs of their own, i hope you'll hop on over to visit them too

today i am showing the cards i received from the first seven participants and tomorrow's post will feature the last seven, all in the order they were received....
 

this first lot is from my good friend marj

she is a wonderful friend and champion of mine, a heart of gold and a true inspiration
she hasn't a blog but is a regular reader and commenter here, and her insights are always most welcome
 

 the beautiful and elegant cards with the lacey doves are from sherry at creatology

i had the privilege of meeting sherry and her charming husband mr.c this past summer, complete with a tour of sherry's studio
she says she hasn't found her true artistic passion... i am pretty sure it's somewhere in the making of beauty and elegance in everything she does....


the cards above are the most adorable, cheery, full of christmas imagery cards that hearken back to the christmases of my childhood and were sent by deb of mosaic magpie blog

when i first posted about this card/book swap deb's response was "whatever you're up to, i'm in"

music to my ears and i have an idea if we lived closer, we'd be up to and in to a whole lot of trouble....
(when we go on our "one lap of the usa tour" deb is one blogger i'll definitely be looking up - i have an idea we are more than kindred spirits...



these adorable cards were handcrafted by stacie at squirrelly duck

stacie found me long ago - she is a painter, beader, photographer and thinker extraordinaire who quietly comes - someone i would definitely like to know better


 the cards above are from lynn... lynn also doesn't have a blog of her own, but she leaves me some of the most beautiful and heartfelt comments i have ever received on this blog and when she said she was in on this swap i was so delighted

each of lynn's cards has a different image, and the ones with the young girl's are simply delightful!


these cards were crafted by mary
mary also doesn't have a blog but often visits and also leaves beautiful inspiring comments here for me - her cards are a charming reminder of years gone by, each featuring a different image


the cards above were sent by tanya at bead and needle
my photograph does not do them justice - they are so cute and cheery and full of life and colour, just like tanya

i have an idea tanya would be a barrel of fun to meet up with and someday i hope to get the chance

so there you have the first seven, and i can assure the next lot are equally as stunning - stay tuned tomorrow for part two....

i did the swap of the cards today, and that was quite a procedure i can tell you!
 i won't be showing who got who's, you'll have to wait for your book for that, but i will make sure to include the info when i send your books to you
and now i'm gathering together all manner of papers and bits and pieces and am all ready to get busy making wonderful little christmas books - too much fun!

13 comments:

Bead and Needle said...

Am so intrigued...and now I know who took the blog name Squirrely Duck, before I could get to it! Hope your week is wonderful, Jillayne! XOXO

lynn said...

i dont know where you find the time to do so many wonderful pieces of artwork.. i cant wait to see our books.. they are all going to be beautiful and pieces we will treasure always.. especially with your personal touches to them :) i am so thankful i was able to get to do this swap. i am going to try my hand at sewing things.. and your ode to the needle blog.. really made me think... and im sure i will need some kind of huge container to hold all my broken needles.. lol but such a sweet honor to give to the humble needle.. that brings such happiness to all.. with mending, decorating, quilting, etc... thank you again for this swap.. and i hope that you find time for yourself too.. :)
big ladybug hugs and have a wonderful week
xoxo
lynn

Louise Michie said...

I am inspired right now. Lazy bones old me neglected to make a supply of new Christmas cards during the New Year break. In the past this has been a sanity saver. Perhaps that is why I am as I am this year!!! I hereby promise that I definitely will make a few cards this week. Actually a few could easily become birthday cards. Your post has marvellous ideas that will suit the supplies I have on hand. Thank you, thank you for the creative inspiration.

suziqu's thread works said...

What a fabulous swap idea Jillayne!
And so many beautiful Christmas cards that you won't have to make as Christmas time approaches.
There is so much talent and creativity in these cards from the first seven people.
Hope you have a wonderful week creating!
Sending hugs,
Suzy

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Oh Jillayne, it's lovely to see some of the wonderful cards you've received - they are all so very inspiring!!!
I love it that each one has a different "take" on your challenge.

Mary's cards are so lovely, with the stamping and images - a shame she doesn't have a blog too!

Shane ♥

Wendy said...

oooh, so exciting! Some lovely cards there, thanks for sharing the blog links, I'll have to pop over for a visit.

Marj Talbot said...

How exciting - can't wait to see the other seven lots. There are so many ideas and so many crafty people out there. I can't wait to see mine!!! Thanks for sharing photos of all the cards and all your wonderful words of friendship and encouragement.

Diane Kelsey said...

I am so pleased that I agreed to take part in this wonderful Christmas card book swop. I'm glad that we didn't have to choose our favourites to be included in our books, because I wouldn't be able to make the decision. Looking forward to seeing how you turn them into books.

Suztats said...

Wonderful cards! Can't wait to see the rest, and to receive my little book! This has been fun, but now it's getting exciting! Thank you, Jillayne!

Stacie said...

Oh I love those vintage looking cards and wow the lace doves are beautiful! Wish I had not gotten so short on time that I could have been more creative with them! What a fun swap, thank you so much for including me :) Hugs!

Createology said...

Your idea is so wonderful and all of the cards you are receiving are very creative and fun. I am blessed to have gotten to meet you in person and enjoy your friendship. On your "one lap of the USA tour" everyone should have the pleasure of spending time with you and your great husband. Bless you for making these little books. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Dorthe said...

Dear Gillayne,
what a most wonderful bunch of beautiful cards, -they are all from sweet-funny-lovely-to elegant, and will make fantastic swap books.
Oh you will be bussy my dear friend- what a big work you have given yourseld, you are such a generous woman, Gillayne.
Hugs from Dorthe

Mosaic Magpie said...

Wow....there was a lot of time, thought and effort that went into making most of those cards....Here all I did was dig around and find some! I can't wait to see our books and you are right...I can imagine some of the trouble you and I would be in...if only you lived closer!
xo,
Deb