Monday, December 17, 2012

winter love

where to begin...

a wise teacher told me once when faced with a blank page
just write

once you begin, the words will flow, and after that thoughts will coalesce and the story will emerge

 but first you have to clear away the clutter

it's taken some time but the clearing is well under way 


i worked on the embroider, embellish, create class for a short time last night and it felt so good to take up needle and thread with no other purpose than to add to something that was already beautiful

the soothing rhythm of the stitch, the glint of steel of the needle, the soft sheen of the thread

all combine to soothe a heavy heart


tiny little stars 


i had long ago decided my wrapping cloth would be "themed" to christmas
(sorry karen, i didn't have the heart to tell you!)

and now i think i will stitch twenty little stars on it
one for each of them
and surely there must be an angel

and trees and snowflakes
children love snowflakes
 
 

when i was a child my favourite christmas show was "the littlest angel"

they stopped showing it because it was "too sad"

i thought it was beautiful
achingly beautiful

do any of you know it? did you love it too?

somehow or other i will stitch every bit of love and beauty and joy and hope i can think of in this cloth

i will remember what it was like to believe in the wonder of winter, of christmas, of love

9 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a beautiful post, filled with love and caring.

FlowerLady

Marj Talbot said...

Lovely - 20 little stars and an angel - they were all little angels. So sad this time of year when all should be joy and happy. A true message is one of love. We have so much to be thankful for - we need to pause in our busy lives to take time to appreciate each other and express our love to one another.

Suztats said...

Marj said it so eloquently.
Blessings.

Dorthe said...

Hi my dear,
how beautiful a visit, with your white -neutral embroidered lovely piece- So sweet with the little stars,and all you tell will be there, when finished--can`t wait to see the angel.
I think not I have heard of your favorite show as a child... I guess it is only the many last years we can almost see the same things ,all over the world...
Dear Jillayne, thankyou for writing about the packet, I will answer you, tomorrow.
HUGS,Dorthe

Becca said...

Oh my gosh Jillayne! Thank you for this beautiful memory! I had forgotten about that movie I loved so much as a child. I have been on the computer searching ever since I read your post. I found some clips on YouTube and watched them. It was very much one of my favorites and I would probably not have remembered it if you hadn't mentioned it here. Thank you for this sweet memory! Merry Christmas!

Mosaic Magpie said...

I am not familiar with the Littlest Angel, but will look for it. I too have had those sweet babies on my mind....I think the world has too.
xo,
Deb

Traffic Pulse India said...

You realize thus considerably when it comes to this matter, made me personally believe it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be involved until it is something to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. Always care for it up!
Flowers delivery jaipur

karen said...

OK...you are now officially expelled from class....detention.....no gold stars! It is beautiful so why am I crying????? It's your fault...the C word with a white cloth....
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

FredaB said...

This will be so beautiful and really appreciate your putting your thoughts of these wonderful children in your wrapping cloth.

I think it is going to be a subdued Christmas this year for all peoples.
I know it is for me.

Hugs

FredaB