Sunday, December 23, 2012

tis the season

the season of lists is upon us

naughty and nice, groceries, cards, presents, to dos...

i've never been much of one for lists but decided a year or so ago they might just, perhaps, under certain circumstances, on occasion

be a good thing
 

a few years back i even made a special "book" for them
(which i've yet to use!)

i found pretty notepads at an after-christmas clearance
made a matching cover
 

and then used contact cement to stick the notepad down
when the paper is gone you can pull off the remaining cardboard, rub away the residue of the cement and stick down another notepad



 the first page, still intact
my "listing" is almost always done in my head
excepting for groceries

 later today i think i'll foray into the world of list-making


some ideas for the new year ahead

like this book, it's still a clean slate, waiting,
something to look forward to....

8 comments:

Marj Talbot said...

I love your book - must make one for myself. I've gone to a daytimer as well - you just never know what you're going to forget.
Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the New Year. We look forward to more crafting.
Hugs, Marj

KW said...

Braver than I.......if I relied on lists in my head nothing would happen, or at least not things that were supposed to happen.....

Louise Michie said...

Lists! I can not live without them. I have so many thoughts rushing through my head all the time that I can barely stay on track without a list. I need that constant reminder in order to finish tasks. I have found that even listing the ideas or processes for a creative project helps me clearly design and complete.
Like you I think I prefer a pretty paper for the list, but actually have found that writing on scrap paper encourages me to use my lists in a more productive manner. Shopping lists may continue for a week with minor alterations - pretty paper is fine. Cleaning lists - scrap paper only! Planning lists - scrap paper so I can change it about. Exercise lists - cardboard!!!

Laura said...

Well if this isn't the cleverest thing you've ever made for yourself...

I imagine this week's grocery list is a long one!! Doug must be in heaven.

Deb said...

I love the list book, such a great idea.

I take a list to the grocery store of the items I tend to forget.

Draffin Bears said...

Merry Christmas Jillayne to you and your family.
Making lists is such a good idea, and I like the lovely book you made.

Happy holidays
hugs
Carolyn

suziqu's thread works said...

Yes I'm a list maker - Isn't everyone??? Love the little notebook devoted solely to that idea - I tend to use my diary for that!
Just want to send you many Christmas Blessings Jillayne and look forward to visiting your inspiring blog in the New Year!
Sending hugs,
Suzy

Dorthe said...

I love your list pad, Jillayne,
and getting older I can`t live without them :-) so they are very needed in my life-I have to make myself a book for that ,lovely,as you did , as my lists have been strolled all over the house and shop, and therefore often to no use at all, when gone,in times of need!!!
Hugs from Dorthe