Thursday, December 20, 2012

noel

back with my wrapping cloth

i played with the waste canvas....
i've never really liked using it but i love the look of cross-stitch on a non- evenweave cloth

 

a slight bit of colour, my favourite, grey-blue
very pale, just enough to show

and pretty stars

i finished the french knots in the scallops of the vintage eyelet and love how they look
the cloth looks almost the same as before the knots are added, only different


so far, so good

so much more to do


 the piece above is a section from a cloth featuring a drawn thread hem

i stitched large "x"s, alternating
with french knots in between

i did the "x"s in one row only and liked it so much i added them to the other side
then i didn't like it so much so i added the french knots
it's better now but still not great

and i need to add more of the lazy daisy flowers - one looks kind of odd, all by it's lonesome


i'm glad i decided to go with a christmas theme for this
it will be something i'll keep for myself
and it will be a great joy to bring it out every december

begun in one snowy, cold december and quite likely finished in the next one

not surprising at all

and maybe not a bad thing - it's the kind of project that just can't be rushed...

12 comments:

Createology said...

Oh Jillayne this stitching project will be such an heirloom to treasure forever. Your soft colors and lucious laces are dreamy. I hope you post lots of photos as you progress along. Stitching Bliss Dear...

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hello Jillayne, That's a beautiful project and you'll enjoy it every Christmas again. I haven't done any embroidery for some years but it's on my to-do list for next year. We'll see how my plan will work out ... :-).
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas with your family and great and creative New Year.
Hugs,
Julia

The English Romantic said...

Beatiful stitching Jillayne, and i love that shade of 'almost blue' you have used. I have that shade in my workbox too.
Have a wonderful Christmas,
Hugs, Angela.x

Wendy said...

This is so beautiful, I agree about cross-stitch on non-even weave fabric. I look forward to watching this progress

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love the soft color scheme and your lovely stitching. Enjoy the continuing work on this sweet piece.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Marj Talbot said...

Really nice so far - look forward to more pictures. It will be a real treasure - glad you're keeping it for yourself.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Thanks for sharing your lovely work all year. I look forward to each post with anticipation.

Karen B. said...

Oh Jillayne,
I love what you are working on right now, it is so beautiful!!
hugs love and hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Becky Shander said...

So gorgeous...every detail is perfect.

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Your stitch project is beautiful Jillayne. Love the details with the frech knots

Suztats said...

It's already gorgeous, Jillayne. A true labour of love. Enjoy your time creating. Beauty can't be rushed.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Your cloth is absolutely beautiful.
xo,
Deb

Dorthe said...

Dear Jillayne, I love your stitchery, and the lovely Noel--It will be a treasured piece when you finish it ,and wonderful to take from the closet to the light every christmas from now!
Dear friend I wish you a very happy christmas with your family, kids and friends--...as I`m away from blogging for some dayes from now, I will do it today!
Hugs,Dorthe