Monday, December 31, 2012

anticipation...

2012 is drawing to it's close...

each year it's these quiet days between christmas and new year's that are my favourite

thinking back, looking ahead

i've found myself to be even more reflective this year and often catch myself in daydreams
 
the other day i stood at the window watching the snow falling off the trees for more than half hour
thoughts drifting like the snow as it fell
a little here, more there, until the branches were laid bare
and the tree stood straighter
 the lacy beauty of the branches silhouetted against the lightness of the sky
 
i want to be like the tree...

i've been thinking a lot about my monthly words of 2012, and what a wonderful exercise in thought that was... what i strove for, what i was feeling

i want something different for this year though


 this year is for my creative self
a year for me and what i want to do

last year i tried to do that, signing up for some fabulous online courses, none of which i have yet to finish - obligations always got in the way

so i've taken a bit of a ruthless stand, and stepped back from the things that got in my way


i'm going to channel my inner grade 4 self
and make a timetable
not a daily one but monthly


 january is for clearing the decks
finishing up gifts and special orders
tidying, organizing, purging


 february is for all things paper


march will be all about painting and collage


getting messy 

 april will be all about embroidery...


well, truthfully, embroidery never really leaves the picture as a needle seems to find a way into my hand just about every single day!

 may will focus on quilting

and that's as far as i've thought

i love the idea of a monthly focus on a technique - it's almost like a license to play

over the next few weeks i'll come up with a more definite plan - terms of reference with specific goals
kind of like a checklist
i've found i quite liked making lists....

things to make, things to learn, experiences to enjoy
a whole year ahead

i hope you can look ahead to the new year with same kind of joy and anticipation,
and that it will be a year of great discoveries and happiness for us all!

 

11 comments:

Robin said...

Have a joyous and focused New Year Jillayne!

Hugs,
Robin

Marj Talbot said...

Your year sounds organized and delightful. Take June and July for whatever feels good at the time and then re-schedule August and beyond.
Best wishes for you and all who read your blog - have a Happy New Year and a happy crafty 2013.

Suztats said...

Wishing you a New Year filled with creative adventures!
Happy stitching, and painting, and embroidering, and....... ;-D

Createology said...

Just when I want to adopt your monthly word style you go and change it up. This new realm sounds interesting and I shall be following your progress. Definitely focus on yourself and what you want to do as no one else will do it for you my dear! Happy New Year and excellent health for all of 2013...

Bead and Needle said...

Happy creative 2013, Jillayne...sounds like you're off to a wonderful start! XOXO

Dorthe said...

Dear Jillayne,
first and foremost I wish you a very happy and healthy new 2013, -
like you I purchased classes I never had time to look throug or finish,and hope to be better organised this year!! Your great system will not help here, as I have to create for the shop, -and thats like : one doll sold-one doll to sew......
Have fun dear friend, with your monthly technique ,to play with, and with all your daily life ,hopefully, too.
Hugs and love,Dorthe

Appleshoe said...

Happy new year to you as well. Anticipation. I've been looking for a word and I think this is a good one for me as well. Anticipating the birth of our baby and all that will follow. I've just put up a gender reveal post and yes, Anticipation fits best. BTW I LOVE the owls at the top of your post. Take care.

softearthart said...

Great idea, cheers Marie

Alisa Noble said...

That sounds like a great plan.
Happy New Year, Jillayne!

Diane Knott said...

Jillayne, it sounds like a plan! Good for you!!

Hugs, Diane

Diane Knott said...

Jillayne, I just read your comments about our little mini kitchen next to my studio about 'will it have wine?'

OH YES! We have a little fridge and it just nicely holds a bottle of wine! LOL! And cookies!!

Hugs again! Diane