Saturday, December 8, 2012

and here we are....

just a few images - as usual, by the time i was able to take a breath and snap a few photos, it was dark as could be

and i completely forgot about the quilting!
 
but there were pretty things strewn all around the house
 


 and cute things...


 and elegant things....


 and lazy things!





the mice looked so adorable perched in the big tree that i think they will be the first thing i make for myself 


 each little heart and star were adorned with fragments of vintage lace, leftover from other projects from other days
plus a little vintage button, all the way from france


i'm still addicted to making them and have red, green and a rich dark brown felt stashed away for making more
 
 far too much fun and a great success it was
 
and my mind is already thinking of next year.... the wheels are turning and plans are being made

the manager has requested a notebook, in which to document some things
apparently there was far too much discussion arguing about prices

we were surprisingly in agreement on all the names for things but i seriously think it's because i was so distracted with the making of all the mini-quiches

which are far too much work when you're on a deadline

yes missy, you were right and i was wrong, and it's here for all to see!


i'm a tired but happy girl
i'd even whistle a happy tune if i could
 
last night after massive tidying in my sewing room i looked over my list of 118 unfinished projects 
(yes, 118 - some large and some small, all un-done)

and i just couldn't decide where to begin

so i did the only thing a girl can do at a time like that

i started a crocheted scarf!

13 comments:

Bead and Needle said...

I love ALL your things! Glad you're finally able to come up for air...I think those 118 things can wait! Something heading your way - my post office told me Monday, or so...they lie alot, but time will tell! Happy relaxful Sunday, Jillayne - XOXO Tanya

Marj Talbot said...

A job very well done. The mice are comfortable and adorable, and the little hearts/stars are elegant in their trims of lace and buttons. It's time to relax and I think your choice of a scarf is perfect. Enjoy!!

Shirley said...

Hi Jillayne, Awesome, I still love the little mice. They are still adorable. We all finish what we have to meet a deadline with unfinished projects. We all have them so don't feel you are alone. I love all the pictures. The little hearts. I can see you making those for Valentine's Day. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from your Missouri Friend.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Crochet on my girl! You deserve to put your feet up and pat yourself on the back for a job well done. I love how you displayed the hearts and stars. The advent calendar is beautiful too!
Yes, crochet on and maybe even have a glass of wine too.
Deb

Suztats said...

Festive, and adorable decorations, Jillayne. I'm sure they flew out the door. Enjoy your well earned rest, and have fun with the crocheting.

Dorthe said...

Hello dear friend...
Oh you can happily relax, with all the cute-funny and beautiful pices you have finished creating...Then don`t mind all the unfinished things-they will be there ,also in january to go on with, if your mood is there for that !!
Today was my last christmas show for this year :-) -Now I can relax,making gifts for friends and family!
Hugs to you, from Dorthe

oldgreymare said...

Looks and sounds like all went wonderfully <3
Now relax a bit. <3

Alisa Noble said...

Hahaha... because doing something NOT on the list is exactly what one should do when there are 118 items on said list.
I TOTALLY get that!!!
Have a great week, Jillayne.

Createology said...

Oh Jillayne Dear you are so creative and talented. Every single item you made is fabulous. I can see why things just flew out the door. Even your displays show the details you put into everything you do. I am afraid I am an unattractive shade of envy green my friend. Crochet Bliss Dear...

Michelle May said...

You are incredible girlfriend. I can't believe all those gorgeous things. Love them all.
xx

Monica said...

I totally get that, too :)
Adorable decorations, love the 12 Days of Christmas calendar!
xoxo

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Oh no, I can't believe I missed the sale! Beautiful items Jillayne, you are so talented! Hope it was a complete success and that you can now relax and start on project number 120 (I'm counting the crocheted scarf as number 119 :O) Deb

karen said...

I am ready now to see all your Christmas lovelies!! Thank you!
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/