Tuesday, November 20, 2012

a tale of mice and women

still playing with mice....
seems it's a recurring theme


now it's mr. and mrs. claus
and they're almost too cute for words!

still lots of detail to finish


but oh so much fun to play around and fiddle with!
 

so much fun in fact, i had to share it with my friend marj
who lives three towns over
we email back and forth pretty steadily about this and that...
family and life and what we're creating now, what's next, what's fun... that kind of thing


 so naturally i told her about these little guys
and she was as enthusiastic about them as i am
(you can find the patterns here)

and since then the emails have been flying back and forth as we share our thoughts on how we are progressing, what we like, what didn't work so well and so on and so on...
 
kind of an "einstein" thing happening here!
 sometimes as i'm writing her about what isn't going well a solution will come to mind
and so many times when one doesn't, she'll suggest one


 we share ideas for fabrics, for techniques, for supplies...

(waiting on arms and caps and whiskers and things!)

and she's inventive
 
a fabulous sounding board
 
and a great source of inspiration

i was still reading the directions when she emailed me this photo of her first mrs. claus

isn't she adorable!?!

"mrs. claus", by marj

i've always said there is a great joy for me in making things

but it's way more fun when the experience is shared with a good friend

thanks for always being there marj!

11 comments:

Dorthe said...

They are the cutest little fellows all,yours and your friends-
dear Jillayne.
I so love how you altered the fabric used for the mices, they looks so wonderfully sweet and fun. And love the "fingers! and little glasses,-OH you have had fun I can tell :-)
Yes it must be the nicest thing to have a friend whom actually have the same interests aS you....so one can chat and exchange ideas... I don`t have that with my dolls, and miss it,-but with the mixed media I have a danish friend-Anni- with whom I speak daily on the phone :-)
Wishing you a beautiful day dear friend.
Hugs,Dorthe

FlowerLady said...

Mr and Mrs Mouse Claus are so cute. There is such joy and I can hear and see your love of creating in this post.

Thanks for sharing and being an inspiration to so many.

FlowerLady

KW said...

There are no words to describe how adorable these mice are. Your sale is going to be amazing!!

Suztats said...

If I were ever to invite a mouse into my house, (I'd have to make it two) Mr and Mrs Mouse-Claus would be it! They are so adorable!
Many years ago, when the children were small, my sister bought us a Christmas-Mouse-Family under glass. Santa Mouse sat beside a decorated Christmas tree with a little mouse-child on his knee. Other mouse-children sat at his feet as a turkey adorned the dining table and Mrs Mouse-Claus set out the dishes. My little ones loved the Mouse Family. Thanks for bringing back the memory.

Mosaic Magpie said...

EEEK! These are too cute! I am going to have to make some, I can't let you have all the fun....I love the bushy beard...Did Sugar Britches tell Santa what he wanted??
Deb

Createology said...

Oh Jillayne you are killing me with these "terminally cute" mice. Mr. and Mrs. Santa Clause are adorable. Of course "Einstein" rings a bell with me as that is what I call Mr. WayneO. The joys of creating are exponentially greater when shared with another person. Your "Christmas in Paris" will be spectacular! Blissful Creating to you and Marj...

Marj Talbot said...

It is a real blessing to have friends to share in the joy of creating. These mice are way too much fun - now just to find the time. Thanks Jill for sharing and being such a great friend. You continue to inspire and encourage us all. Good luck with your sale - it's likely to be a huge success.

Marj Talbot said...

It is a real blessing to have friends to share in the joy of creating. These mice are way too much fun - now just to find the time. Thanks Jill for sharing and being such a great friend. You continue to inspire and encourage us all. Good luck with your sale - it's likely to be a huge success.

karen said...

OK....I am officially boycotting you until December!
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

Becky Shander said...

Yes, so adorable...and with so much heart too.

Michelle May said...

Loooooooooooove them!!!