Tuesday, September 4, 2012

scattered thoughts from a cluttered mind

today, that could read
"cluttered thoughts from a scattered mind" just as easily


there are probably ten posts rattling around my head today, hence the above
i need to get some of it out

i finished the garland i showed a while back but will have to show it to you in sections...
my photography skills being what they are

"fa"

this was fun to do and didn't take long

"la"

raw edge, straight stitch applique
with raw edge ruffles sewn on top
pretty bead bangles at each point

"la"
and bows in between to pretty it up
watch for some shabby, lacey versions, whimsical ones and perhaps even a hallowe'en one in the weeks ahead
quick and easy to make, the sky's the limit for ideas

the rest of what i have been pondering this past week has to do with this little guy
bozzy is sick
and he won't get better


and i am heart-broken


he has more character is his little body than all of the pets i have ever had
the day we found out just how sick he really is there was only one thing to do
he loves his fires and as there was a campfire ban, we lit it one inside
glad it wasn't a blistering hot day,  but we would have lit it anyway


 a triple decker fire
he loves his pillows; sometimes he sits on them...


and sometimes he sits under them


they have been invaluable for moving him around and giving him comfy places to view his dominion


"complete and absolute ownership" is the dictionary definition of dominion which
 suits him to a tee - nobody owns their corner like bozzy the great protector
guardian against big black dogs
fearful of nothing
the bravest little soul

i've been thinking a lot about life and love and sorrow and dying these days

and i believe the only thing that comes close to the human capacity for love is the human capacity for tears

and that love and sorrow and love again are the true circle of life

emotions are not to be run from but to be acknowledged, felt, lived 
and while we don't always need to be comforted for what we feel
we do need to be allowed to feel it

and so my word for september is "sorrow"

inspirational words don't always have to be evocative of what we should aspire to
sometimes they need to be about what we live through
 
"... who has lived the most is not the one with the most years but the one with the richest experiences."
- jacques-yves cousteau


 

14 comments:

oldgreymare said...

oh dear, I am sorry to hear about Bozzy. So many blog friends have recently lost or are losing their beloved pets and the only comfort I can give is...

I understand.

Those of us who know the true friendships we have with out pets, well, we've all been there and it's hard and it's sad. Thinking of you.
<3
z

KW said...

Guardian against big black dogs..........ain't that the truth..........love you bronco boz............so much frickin' character in that fur ball.

Becca said...

Oh no Jillayne! I am SO sorry to hear about your Bozzy. He reminds me so much of my Fetzer, and I can't imagine going through what you are now. Sending you big hugs. Your holiday decorations are coming along nicely! I wish I could get my act together and create something for the holidays! Take care my friend!

Laura said...

You have passed on some pretty spectacular sayings to me over the years... and this is one of my favorites: "inspirational words don't always have to be evocative of what we should aspire to, sometimes they need to be about what we live through".

I wish I could be there to live through it with you guys... thank you for taking such good care of the little rascal and for loving him as much as you do. He's as lucky to have you as you are him.

XO

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Oh dear Jillayne

Bozzy looks like our old ginger boy.
My heart really goes out to you - I've been there a while ago too.

He's your darling boy, part of the family, so naturally it's a very emotional time for you all.
You're doing all you can and he knows that - he looks so happy in front of the fire on his cushions - that's precious.
It's one day at a time...

Take care
Big warm hugs to you all
xox
Shane



Suztats said...

Jillayne, my heart breaks with this news of your Bozzy. There are no words I could write to take away your sorrow, but I'm sending you a big hug.

Nook and Cranny said...

So sorry.....

FredaB said...

Not too much to say when this happens but my heart goes out to you. He looks so good it is hard to understand.

We have all been there at one time or another and know what it is like.

I really like your FA LA LA banner.

More Hugs for you all

FredaB

Dorthe said...

Dear Jillayne,
What a sad situation for you , I feel with you dear friend, and know how hard it is- as I have been there several times.
Your flags are beautiful, so lovely a hollyday decoration.
I send you a warm hug my friend.
xx,Dorthe

Createology said...

Jillayne dear your word is all that this post reflects. My heart is with you as you take this journey of such sorrow. Bozzy and Marc and you will always be together in your hearts and souls. I know my Sasha BooBoo is with me every day as I traverse this journey. Healing hugs for you my dear friend.
Lovely Fall banner. Keep creating my dear...

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your sweet Bozzy, Jillayne. It's wonderful that you made the fire for him to enjoy. I can imagine how sad you must feel.
Your banner is beautiful!
Sending you a very big hug,
Julia

Mosaic Magpie said...

Bozzy Boy, I am sorry to hear is feeling bad. How sweet of you to think of building him a fire. I am not sure how those little furry children do it, but they slip right into our hearts. Such love and companionship they so freely give. It seems as though their eyes, can look right into our soul and speak to our hearts without uttering a word. Big hugs to you my friend and to Bozzy too.
Deb

Arco Iris a Metro said...

Beautiful.
Someone that has never shared their lives with a pet, will never understand how painful it is to lose one. :(

Hugs from Portugal

Bead and Needle said...

Oh, Jillayne...I have missed so much, being gone this summer - I had to scroll through from your current post today, to find this. I am heartbroken for you - XOXOXO