Tuesday, August 14, 2012

sparkle & sheen

if sparkle" is the main event then "sheen" is the opening act...


i've begun working on august's heart and thought the beautiful soft sheen of silk would make a lovely beginning

and i can't think of a better way to add some sparkly shine than with the embellishing that comes with crazy quilting


the next thing, the fun thing, is to start gathering all the bright shiny bits and pieces

and then i get to play
(july went by too fast after all, don't you think?)



7 comments:

Becca said...

Beautiful fabric! I can't wait to see it finished. I still need to learn more about CQ!

Createology said...

Oh the soft beauty of sparkle and sheen on this CQ heart will be exquisite. Excellent fabrics for your fouundation. Another "on my to do list"...
I am so happy you finally have some time to play and sparkle...I think I can see the twinkle in your eyes my friend.

Shirley said...

Hi Jillayne, Sparkle and sheen is fitting right in for your heart. It will look pretty I am sure when it is done. July is gone and August is half gone already. Where is the time flying to? It seems like the month just starts and with a blink of the eye it is gone. Have a great day. Hugs Your Missouri Friend.

Wendy said...

I can see already that this is going to be fabulous, such beautiful silk

karen said...

I'm here!! I made it! Thank you so much for that particular comment, it meant a lot. The silk is beautiful and the last image....swoon!

Dorthe said...

Hello dear Gillayne,
I`m so happy you desided to go on the shiny road this months, I love these fabrics you used for your heart,and I know it will be so beautiful when finished- with your crazy quilting.
And silks truly have the most beautiful shine to it.

Sending you wednesday hugs, and smiles.
xx,Dorthe


Marj Talbot said...

Nice - looking forward to seeing the finished heart. Love the fabrics and color choices.