Saturday, June 2, 2012

Wibbly, Wobbly, Woo

See my little heart buttons below?

wibbly, wobbly, woo is what came to mind as I uploaded and enlarged this picture...


they're all just kind of going their own way

and this is my April heart... supposed to about

"organize"

now do you see? 

even when I try, I just can't get it completely right - always slightly off kilter

almost right, with a nudge and a push...

perhaps that's a lesson in itself... being perfectly organized is something to strive for but you really must allow for little discrepancies,

that being slightly off kilter is not a bad thing

I'll tell myself that...

purple and brown is my new favourite colour combination

spell check just had a conniption with colour and favourite

do you "u" or don't you?

I have to say if you don't, your words just don't look quite right to me

and spell check always makes "voila" become "viola"

that's my my new pet peeve - spell check is annoying
I'd rather get your honestly misspelled word than a computer's idea of what you might really mean....

you'll have to excuse this post...

I just had a weird day at work and two glasses of wine so perhaps I'm a little wibbly, wobbly, woo too!

12 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Jillayne, You are entitled to do it however you want. You can be a little off base. I usually put a little mistake in my embroidering so that I know that is mine. It is just a little quirk I have. I like your heart and the color combination. I hope you are having a great weekend. I am having some me time. Hugs from Your Missouri Friend

suziqu's thread works said...

Jillayne I think your hearts look just gorgeous wibbly wobbly or not it is made by you and that is what makes it special.
I have given up long ago the need to be too perfect as it gets in the way of me creating freely as it pours out of me.
Your colours and combination are beautiful!
Have a lovely day sewing

Marj Talbot said...

Yay - purple - one of my favourites. There's not a lot in this world that's perfectly straight, so wibbly wobbly woo is acceptably perfect. Love it!!

KW said...

You will love the wedding party colors then.......Eliz chose brown and mauve....... :)

Laura said...

2 glasses sounds like a bit of an underestimate to me, haha.

The purple and brown looks cute! Can't wait to see what else you can do with those colors..

Mosaic Magpie said...

The problem may be that you need another glass of wine! The buttons look fine, that bit of wobbly adds interest. If they were in a perfectly straight line , what fun would that be?
Wibble, Wobble, we love it all.
Deb

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Jillayne - your little heart is very pretty. I love the color combination you have used.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jillayne,

Love you sweet heart with the cute buttons and the colour combination.
Spell check annoys me and especially my iphone when it completely changes some words when I text.

Hope that you have a wonderful new week
Hugs
Carolyn

Petite Michelle Louise said...

it's a beautiful combination..i just LOVE it! ;)

Createology said...

We really need to allow for wibbly wobbly woo. If those little heart buttons want to be wonky then it shall be so. I don't "u" but I like words spelled your way. It is so European but I am all American. Your new colour combination is quite intriguing. Wine time dear...

Becca said...

That's beautiful Jillayne! How funny...I've chosen those colors for one of our bathrooms! The added lavender accents look nice with the brown. have a nice weekend!

Suztats said...

I think it's the little imperfections that endear.
I remember a little stitchery I made when my daughter was born, of a little girl who has made some sort of mess. Beneath the stitching it reads:
"Please be patient. God isn't finished with me, yet". A reminder that we are imperfect beings, and sometimes we wobble.