Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Remains of the Day


 and so we came home

we weren't ready to leave but we were ready to be back... does that even make sense?

I am always excited to hit the open road, map at my side and anticipation at every turn, but at some point or another your mind starts turning to home and you know you must make your way back, both physically and mentally

home

 

 flying is definitely convenient and quick (usually!), but in my life, I wish it was only for business or emergencies

I love that driving lets you and your mind move along at the same pace, in tandem, so that when you get where you're going, you are ready to be there

when I am on holiday, I need that transition, and a two day drive is best

one day to leave where I've been and the next day to get where I'm going


it was a wonderful time, we had....

there was a wedding to celebrate, along with days and days of family joy, and the meeting of a special blogging friend...
(stories and pictures to come!)

for now, it's back to the daily busyness, and while I am putting things to right, I am still pondering some of the many wonderful experiences we had,
trying to capture and hold them
 

and to aid me in that effort, I signed up for my annual, requisite summer e-course
(there is nothing quite like summer school!)

this year, the obvious choice was 

"The Remains of the Day"



 this journal class is perfect for me now,  in so many ways... the name evokes the ideal, the methodology fits my creative desires to use up what I already have, and the result will be the culmination of a most wonderful time

"gather thy rosebuds while thee may"

 

14 comments:

dianehobbit said...

I totally agree with the driving! We both love driving when going skiing in Europe, you also have the added bonus of seeing so much more. Glad you had a lovely time.

KW said...

My day has started off wonderfully well.......thank-you for writing! :)

Mosaic Magpie said...

Enjoy every minute of your class, I will be looking forward to the images you share with us. So true about driving...the perfect place to build a little nest and stitch the miles away...of course only if someone else is driving!
Deb

Suztats said...

Welcome back, and enjoy your class.

Dorthe said...

Oh Jillayne, you think just like me, about the way of going on vacation- the longing for leaving home, and the next you know, is longing to return home again ,:-)
I`m glad you had a wonderful tour, and that you are home safe again, started already on a beautiful journal !
Warm hugs to you my dear friend.
xx,Dorthe

Marj Talbot said...

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.
It's wonderful to be down the road to new and exciting places, but it's equally wonderful to be back home once again. Welcome home.

Createology said...

Welcome home Jillayne. You have said it so well about the need to get away and to return home. I am almost green (with envy if I allowed such behaviour) at your taking this class. I adore Mary Ann Moss and her eclectic style. The sneak peek has me totally intrigued and anxious to see more. Happy Creating My Friend...

Alisa Noble said...

I've been toying with the idea of taking that class too!

(Love that GGSS fabric. I think of Jane Austen every time I see it)

Elizabeth Maxson said...

Thanks for stopping by. I so agree about driving vs flying I would drive every time, if I could. I love your note to me about your kitty rescue and its lost little features and I fell in love...it seemed cuter and cuter.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you had a great time and made it home safely.

Big hugs
Elizabeth

Michelle May said...

So glad you got home safely and had a wonderful time. Looking forward to hearing about your class.
xx

Wendy said...

I hopped over to see what course you are taking (I'm a bit nosey like that) and I want to join in!! I can't afford it at the minute - in either money or time - but one day... It looks fantastic and I can't wait to see your finished product.

She Uses Her Words said...

I like driving too...most of the time but there are those trips when it is better to get there by air for various reasons. I'm happy you had a good time. Your class looks like fun!
Karen

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Jillayne.
Yes I'm also a bit like you! Love to go away but love to be coming back to my home too.
Georgeous fabrics and that Journal making course looks fantastic - wish I had the time to do it too!
Thanks for visiting dear friend,
Hugs,
Suzy

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Jillayne - I have been thinking of joining that class too. I took the FTB class of mary Anns and was wondering if this is different enough? Love her classes. Looks like you+re of the a great start.

Sounds like you had a wonderful meeting with your blogging friend. Isn´t it amazing how things can happen throught the world of blogging.

Just got home fra vacation in Italy trying to catch up :-)
Have a wonderful day
xo