Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Big Picture

I want to thank each of you that left such special, thoughtful comments on my last post
you are as inspiring and dear to me as Colleen
and I thank you for your comfort - it truly helped

if we're lucky in our life, we meet those special someones
and I've been lucky enough to meet a few

and much as leaving my home and my friends was the hardest thing I have ever done,
if I hadn't, there are dear ones I wouldn't know


there's a special lady I met here 
who is a great champion of mine
and she's having a special gathering of her own dear friends
friends who have forged a special bond over the years
and I wanted to make her something special...


that started with various papers
covered with paint


 book paper silhouettes


these ladies love their clothes -
 so dressing them was a big challenge

 

but a fun one!
have you ever worn leopard print???

layers of paint and paper

 glue it on, paint it over, peel it off
start again


 oh, what to wear!


shoes and headbands...
accessories are as important for paper dolls as they are for real ones

in collage less is not more,
and more is best

and the perfect paper can do the work for you

four friends that have gathered together for many years, 
sharing and caring

best friends



this has been, without a doubt, the most difficult thing I have made in many, many years
but it's most definitely been the most gratifying!

I still look at it and see it for what it isn't...
you know - when you look at the blank canvas and your mind's eye sees it wonderfully finished
and the reality is slightly different

but oh, what fun it was!

19 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Wow, I am impressed. I've not seen anything like this. Your work is lovely in any medium.

Have a great weekend and a wonderful Easter.

FlowerLady

Suztats said...

A wonderful gift for a good friend! A collage is such fun, adding each layer, fingers sticky with glue, then covered with paint.
Wishing Easter Blessings for you and yours.

MosaicMagpie said...

How fun is this! It brought a smile to my face. Such neat designs and you can see the attitudes each of these "dolls" has. Really a fun piece. I can see your talents are abundant in all mediums.
Deb

Marj Talbot said...

Very nice - sounds like a fun thing to do and I can see the reward. Great gift for a dear friend.
Your talents never cease to amaze me. Thanks for sharing and have a Happy Easter with your family.

karen said...

I love this!! It's fabulous....

KW said...

WOW! This piece is a work of art for sure. Absolutely amazing. Love it!

Bead and Needle said...

You NEVER cease to amaze me...everything you touch turns to gold! Magic in those fingertips, for sure, dear Jillayne. I hope your heart feels a bit better each and every day - Happy Friday - the canvas is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! XOXOXO

Dorthe said...

Jillayne, dear, this is stunning- your papers painted and stamped? are a fantatsic background- and the dolls so beautifully made, their attitudes like real peopl`s,and you dressed them wonderfully.
You amazes me dear friend, WOW- what a gorgeous gift you have made your friend-she will love it.
Hugs and love ,and a haooy easter to you from me.
Dorthe

Becca said...

You did a wonderful job with these Jillayne! I love Julie's book too and had fun creating this type of fashion girl! Have a great weekend.

Createology said...

This is such a beautiful tribute to your friends. The time and care you took to bring this to life shows just how much you feel their friendship. I bought the same book but it merely sits on the shelf. This lovely piece may just inspire me...thank you. Easter Blessings dear Jillayne...

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jillayne,

Love your beautiful work, such elegant Ladies, you are so talented. Thanks for showing us.

Happy Easter and many blessings
Carolyn

Maggie said...

You are so creative Jill...I never know what you will come up with next. Always a pleasure to view your blog. Hope you have a wonderful Easter.
hugs
Maggie

Alisa Noble said...

Ah! Fantastic, Jillayne!!
Your talent is so diverse.

Diane said...

I just love it, Jillayne! The little ladies all look so elegant!

And yes, I've worn leopard print. I have two blouses in leopard. One is silky, sheer, and very, very feminine, the other is a big shirt.

You're on to something with this art! Fabulous!

XO Diane

FredaB said...

Jillayne you amaze me. You are always coming up with something in another type of art that is as amazing as your sewing and quilting
items.

This is a wonderful piece and the background colors really grabbed me.

I too have a leapoard print top.
Must drag it out and wear it now you metioned it.

Your little heart is hanging near my sewing and I think of you when I see it. it makes me smile.

Hugs

FredaB

The French Bear said...

Beautiful!!! You are so talented, it always an inspiration to visit you!!!
Hugs,
Mags
xx

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Just beautiful, Jillayne. What a unique piecce. And I just loved the little story you wrote to go along with the piece. Thanks for sharing your wonderful art.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jillayne,
First I want to extend my heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your precious friend Colleen. She sounds like a dream of a friend and inspired you greatly. She will always live in your heart I believe.

I simply love your new designs and this artform. You are an extreme talent and can do anything. I think you should keep going forward in the direction.

Yes, I have and do wear animal print in leopard. I even have a purse with this design and it is fun to use. Plus the design never goes out of style.

Thank you for sharing your creations. What a blessing you are.

Hugs, Celestina Marie

Michelle May said...

It's sooooooooooo fabulous! You have so much talent!