Tuesday, March 6, 2012

ruffly, gathered lace...
makes anything look pretty...


I was taking pictures for this post and had it all in a jumble on the burlap,
when I thought it might look pretty gathered in to a heart shape...

now I want to tack it down and make a pretty picture of it

a friend asked me to make her one of these hearts, inspired by Terri of Whimsicals


with the sweet scent of lavender

and an order for three more
I do love making these things - playing with different fabrics and threads, all in little bits 

 

for this one I used a small piece of my treasured diamond-textured fabric and stitched tiny french knots at each intersection - texture on texture
 finding the palest shades of a colour

 

and finally!

all the Wishing Stars but two were mailed out today and these last ones will go Thursday
I had hoped to send them two weeks ago and then life got in the way
but they are on their way now
 and it is my sincere wish they work their magic and bring your word to life
they were a wonderful labour of love for me, all those words, inspiring me with each stitch...
and now I'm thinking of my next project, and wondering how long my worktable will remain clear....

bets anyone?

 

16 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Jillayne
Your little cream hearts embroidered so beautifully look just great and your friends will love them - so too the wishing stars!
Lace and burlap - who just doesn't love the two together anyway!
Your parcel Jillayne left here on Monday and I hope it arrives safely in your hands soon. I'd love to see where you hang it!
Sending you love and hugs from downunder,
Suzy

FlowerLady said...

I so love that creamy heart. Your work inspires my own creations. I plan to go visit Whimsicals. Thanks for the link.

Life does tend to get in the way sometimes. I thank you from my heart for your gift and will be watching the mail eargerly. :-)

Happy Creating ~ FlowerLady

Marj Talbot said...

So nice to leave space for a little life and a little heart. There's always time to smell the roses - speaking of roses, what better place for one but on the heart. Your hearts are wonderful and continue to inspire - thanks for sharing.

Bead and Needle said...

Ruffles make EVERYTHING better! Happy Wednesday, my most prolific friend! Cold and windy here in Vegas - hope it's warmer where you are...XOXO

Alisa Noble said...

Such sweet, sweet work, Jillayne!

Suztats said...

Lace and lavender are wonderful partners! Add a cute, embellished little heart, and it's a wonderful gift. Beautiful, Jillayne.

KW said...

I'm pretty sure that work table already has something on it! :)

MosaicMagpie said...

Love the heart! I like how you stitched the word "friend" onto a seperate piece of fabric and attached it with the button. You have been busy with your stars. I am sure the work table is covered with fabric once again!
Deb

Createology said...

Everything you create is so elegant. Your cream and textured hearts are pure bliss. What is a clear worktable? Mine seems to be cluttered at all times! I was thinking today I should tackle some of the piles of stuff. I might find something fun. Blissful creating my dear...

Dorthe said...

It is so beautiful, dear Jillayne- I love when you makes this wonderful patchwork pieces ,lovely sewed together and so beautifully embroidered- this one is stunning.
And all the stars of words- oh what a beautiful woman you are, inside and out-also :)
I love my own star Jillayne, it is just here beside me,when typing ,now- a so generous gift ,to us.
Hugs and love-Dorthe

Robin said...

Your hearts are absolutely adorable, and you can tell your heart went into making them :) Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Robin

Becca said...

Love the natural colors and threads of the heart, and you must have been thinking good vibes when stitching the "rain" star...I guess it worked!

The English Romantic said...

Your hearts are so pretty, I know because I have one!!
Beautiful work!!
Hugs, Angela.

Becky Shander said...

So pretty and sentimental too...all so lovely.

Cheryl said...

Oooh I bet you are already busy with something else. I love that heart, so vintage looking, your work is an inspiration to me always.
Hugs
Cxxx

Lynn Stevens said...

Such beautiful hearts! I love how your ribbon is piled up in a heart shape. Would be cool if you could make it stay that way too!
Hugs Lynn