Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Going's On

going's on...

that was always a favourite expression of my Grandmother's and it stuck with me...whenever I have lots of things happening in my sewing room it comes to mind

and there is lots going on these days - at least, there are lots of things started!

remember a few posts back - the evolution of an idea?


you were all so intrigued so I thought I should show you where I'm at now....

the inspiration fabric made me think of writing, which made me think of writing letters, which made me think of how I didn't write as many as I would have liked, which made me think of how I sent some postcards from France when we were there (but they don't really count as a letter), which made me think of the postcard graphic from the Graphics Fairy


which made me think of a set of stamps I bought from Etsy a long time ago that had a Paris postmark stamp and a cancelled one


which made me think of making postcards from Paris,  which made me want to send some (but as I won't be back there for a long time, it makes that idea a wee bit difficult)


which made me think I could make some anyway, but what to do with them?,


which made me think wouldn't they be a fun invitation for my sale this year?


a postcard collage with images of Paris, painted and stamped to look old and shabby, with a heart made of little knots of fabric


 I still need to put the eyelet in the corner so I can string through a ribbon ... and then figure out what I will write on the back, but that will be a whole 'nother thought process!

thanks to everyone who commented for the fabric giveaway...

the winner is commenter #3


send me your address Suzy and I will mail it off to you!

and speaking of mail - I have three Wishing Stars left to finish and then I will be sending them out to all of you who gave me a word last year. 
I'll be emailing you in the next few days to get your address info.

your words were all beautiful and stitching them gave me time to think about each one and what it means to me - I'd say it's a fair exchange.

and speaking of words, I have finally chosen my word for February... there couldn't be a word in the whole of the English language more appropriate for me right now than

 prudence
stay tuned

10 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Dear Jillayne
Those post cards look so very beautiful especially finished off with the little heart filled with little tied knotted bits of fabric.
And WOW! Can you imagine how excited I am that I won some of that "Communique" fabric you so very kindly offered as a GIVEAWAY!
I can hardly wait to receive it - that is why I just had to place an order for more!
You are the kindest woman to share some of this with us. Thank you so much Jillayne!
Have a wonderful week creating...I can see you have a lot of wonderful projects going to keep you busy!
Love and hugs,
Suzy
PS will email my details!

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Jillayne...I had to look up prudence--never heard that word before, but love the feeling of it, and the sound when speaking out loud :)
And speaking of love...your new cards, going through that lone line of thoughts, are so to love, also.
They will be a wonderful gift, for the ones you invite.
HUGS, Dorthe

Dorthe said...

OH forgot...CONGRATULATION to dear Suzy, she will surely make some wonderful things using this fantastic fabric.
xo,Dorthe

Suztats said...

Congrats to Suzy--that's wonderful fabric! Sounds like there's lots of goings on in your studio, Jillayne. The invitations have such an old world charm.

Bead and Needle said...

Congrats to Ms. Suziqu! And, the postcards are FABULOUS, my dear! Happy Thursday...Tanya

Marj Talbot said...

Congratulations to Suzy - would love to see what she makes with this fabulous fabric.
Thanks Jill for sharing your invitations - lucky people who will receive them.
Now it would be prudent of me to clean up my sewing room in order to complete my project.

MosaicMagpie said...

Congratulations Suzy! Prudence....thoughtful careful management.....Wow now that is a deep word. Hush....Prudence...This is a whole new side to you!
Deep, deep really deep.
Deb
Oh our words are ready!!!!
I can't wait to see it!!!

luverlie said...

Congrats to the winner.
luv the postcards. I was wondering what you were going to do with those knots. How cute! tfs

Becky Shander said...

Your knotted fabric hearts are so amazing...I love the inviting texture.

Diane said...

Jillayne, the recipients of your invitations every year are so lucky to have a real piece of art! Not just an invitation!

Love this!

XO Diane