Sunday, January 22, 2012

It's All In the Details

Still quilting... still loving it...

this is one of the other ones I started last week
sewing strips
cutting triangles
cutting them some more


the pieces coming together like little hearts

 

soft pink, red and dusty blue
the colours of France
most of the fabrics are from the Rouenneries collection by French General
not all though - I do like to mix it up a bit


beige, taupe and cream are the neutrals


and the borders pull them all together so they make sense
it's about 42" square and will be a table topper for my kitchen table
once I get the painting and flooring done that is
and the lights and the sink
faucet and curtains

borders laid out but not sewn
last night we watched Midnight in Paris.

have you seen it?

if not, I do recommend it

it's definitely a Woody Allen movie with it's fair share of distracting dialogue that is more thinking out loud than sharing a conversation - you have to be quick to catch a lot of the innuendos tossed back and forth. 

and the scenery...
there were more than a few "we were right there" moments but what I really loved about it was the way he wove some of the famous artists of Paris into the story

to see them brought to life, nonchalant in their ignorance of their later fame was wonderful

as was the idea of them all together like that... sharing...
kind of like what we do here

except of course they get to do it in Paris.. tiny little detail....

11 comments:

Michelle May said...

It's a gorgeous quilt. Love, all the colors!
Haven't seen that move, but will check it out.
Hugs!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jillayne,
Your quilt creation is beautiful. I love the combinations of color and the way you have it layed out.
It will be gorgeous as a table topper.
Thank you for the recommendation on the movie. Have not see that one yet. Sounds interesting. We did see War Horse on New Year's Eve and it was fabulous. Highly reommend it too.

Have a wonderful and productive week my friend and thank you for stopping by. So nice to see you.

Hugs, Celestina Marie

Becca said...

Beautiful quilting Jillayne...I haven't seen that movie yet, but look forward to it!

Laura said...

Next time I am going to rent a movie that takes place in Cabo so I can be the one saying "I was right there" and you two clowns can take a turn being jealous... hehe :-)

Beautiful Parisian quilt! Even more so in person.

Createology said...

I can read the happiness in your post...sewing and quilting is so stress relieving. Your table topper is lovely and what a wonderful omage to Paris in the colors you used. I will need to see that movie. Happy Heart Hugs...

Shirley said...

Hi Jillayne, Your quilt is so pretty. It will be a beautiful table topper. I can see the little hearts in the blocks as you put them together. I have been to a movie in a long time. I hear other people talk about movies, but it is not a top priority at our house. The less expensive movie house is not that wheel chair friendly. We rent movies and have bought a few. have a great week. Your Missouri Friend.

Bead and Needle said...

It's obvious you're loving it! Beautiful colors, Jillayne...great quilt! Hope your week is wonderful...Tanya

Cheryl said...

Oh yes that is amazing, your quilting on the edge is beautiful!
Hugs
Cxxx

Marj Talbot said...

As above, the quilt is gorgeous and the colours are delicious. I love that pattern and love doing it myself - such a challenge in putting the initial strips together. It will be a very nice table topper.
Thanks for sharing.

MosaicMagpie said...

I have seen that movie and I enjoyed it so. This quilt is very interesting and I really like how you mixed it up!
Deb

Suztats said...

Lovely quilt, Jillayne.