Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Evolution of An Idea

mind's a-whirr again

this cloth came in the other day and it was love at first sight


words and hands, fountain pens and postmarks
and my brain started buzzing - thoughts and ideas tumbling one after another but none forming to completion
ideas of random creations, in various stages

 

and then one started to take more shape


so far I've cut strips of fabric 1/4" wide and started tying little knots, cutting them apart with pinking shears 


palest pink tinged with gold and cream


 aqua with hits of the palest green and grey


a beautiful Christmas toile that is pure inspiration


like an ink sketch with palest sepia and washes of light pink

  

a post card image from the Graphics Fairy and a picture copied from a book about the history of Paris
all of these and more are coming together, both in my mind
and on 140 lb watercolour paper

I have an idea for the invitations for this year's Sale...yes, yes, it's early, but when ideas come, you just have to run with them....
come Sunday I'll be up to my elbows in paint and glue!



10 comments:

Bead and Needle said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO intrigued...and I'd also like to know who the manufacturer is of that delicious fabric up top (the toile rocks, too)...I am a sucker for any fabric with writing on it - and a hand is just that much extra!!!!! Happy Thursday - Tanya

suziqu's thread works said...

Jillayne that fabric in the first image is just soooo gorgeous! Am looking forward to seeing your creations with this.
Can you tell me where one could purchase some if not from the shop where you so enjoy your days?
Warm wishes to you!
Suzy

Dorthe said...

Dearest Jillayne, -it is fabolous--I wish I could buy both the first and the second fabric yoiu have showed here, they are just gorgeous-and I`m sure you will make a fantastic project with them.
As you have maybe seen my Mathilde is here, so not been able to visit on your last post, but they looks so very beautiful, your quilts.
Hugs,x Dorthe

Suztats said...

Teaser! Now you have my imagination jumping all over the place wondering what you're up to now. Love that fabric!

The English Romantic said...

Beautiful fabric, we're all wanting some. I'm so looking forward to seeing what you create.
Happy stitching,
Angela.

dianehobbit said...

The fabric is so fantastic, I hope we can buy it in the UK.

Cheryl said...

Oh that fabric is to die for, I can imagine it made up into a dozen beautiful things!!!
Higs
Cxxx

Createology said...

Even with all of your tasty clues I have no concept of the finished project. Each of the elements are wonderful and with your amazing skilled talents they will all come together like magic. Never too early to work ahead towards the busiest and most stressful time of year! The new inspiration fabric is very interesting and I would have to buy some of it too. Blissful creating my dear...

Marj Talbot said...

I too have a weakness for the fabric with writing on it. I'll have to look for some in the shops here - cautiously optimistic that I'll find it. I can't wait to see your creation(s). Have a great weekend.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

That fabric is gorgeous! You really have made me curious. I am certain whatever it is will be fantastic. I'll be checking back!