Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gifting


Last week I decided I needed a change - tired of fabric, tired of sewing...
a quilting overload in the past few months, and while I do love it, I need a break

we have a gift exchange at work and our gifts are always handmade and while we usually have a special evening in January when the dust has settled, this year the decision was made to have it in December

ouch!!

no time to do what I had in my mind since the summer so I went to Plan B

 Plan B started with a project in Christy's 12 Artsy Ornaments for Christmas but evolved a little, from using book paper to using fabric... and from something small to something much bigger

I was up to my elbows in paper, paint and glue making the backgrounds and then decided to cut green fabric into thin little strips, tie knots an inch apart and then cut them. The little knots of fabric with small tails at each end were glued to the tree shape I had glued onto my completed background - so cute!
Burlap for the trunk, some doodles etc. and they were done.


Into a box with a small bottle of beautiful sparkling white wine, some home-made cookies and rum sauce and they were ready for the party!

Not having had a haircut in five months, I was another story....

10 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Jillayne, your tree is the sweetest, and , the homemade cookies I`m sure tasted very good- so the one recieving this is a very lucky person- such a wonderful packet.
I miss you dear on my blog.
Wish you a very happy christmas, and a wonderful year 2012, filled with happines and joy.
Hugs and love, Dorthe

MosaicMagpie said...

What a fun gift something everyone would love! Have a Merry Christmas!
Deb

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Jillayne,

The gift you gave for your friend is lovely.
Warmest wishes for a merry Christmas and a year filled with happy days.

hugs
Carolyn

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jillayne, The gift you created is wonderful and I am sure was well received. Thank you for stopping by and always a dear friend over the years in blogland.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in the new year.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Bead and Needle said...

Clever and beautiful...what a GREAT basket! Merry Christmas, Jillayne...to you and yours! XOXO

julie - eab designs said...

Hi Jillayne, thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I have enjoyed looking through your wonderful projects. I used to have more time to quilt years ago and miss it now. There are so many wonderful fabrics to choose from today, it's hard to get me out of the fabric store. I also wanted to wish you and yours a most happy Christmas. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects in the New Year. ~ Julie

Becca said...

Oo that is so pretty Jillayne! I love Christy's classes don't you?! You did a great job on that piece and looks like lots of Christmas goodness! Thank you for the sweet Christmas message on my blog. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Evy said...

Merry christmas to you, I hope that this day is of the happiest for you and your family!
Joyeux Noël!!!

Beautiful day

Appleshoe said...

Merry Christmas. Such a lovely gift. I always enjoy your photos posted here. They are so beautiful and even though you have not had a haircut I'm sure you were too :)

Diane said...

This is really pretty, Jillayne!

Just catching up with you after Christmas. Whew! Let me catch my breath.

Did you ever get your hair cut? I do my own! I usually can't wait for the appointments and just freak out in the meantime. Then, when I DO get to the shop and they cut it too short or the wrong way, I just come home and cry. So....out come the scissors. I've been doing it myself for years now and am so much happier. Letting it grow for now with just occasional end trims in the mirror. :-) See me smiling?! LOL! Better than putting a hair stylist on the endangered list!

Hugs, Diane