Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Jingle On


Seems "Jingle" might be a recurring theme for me for this holiday season...
I love the connotations of it; it just sounds happy and bright, and I am finding it creeping into my thoughts more and more.
And it's creeping into my designs too, at least, my design ideas - the brain is working far faster than the fingers these days!

 

This is the start of a cone  I am making that will eventually hold some greenery. The lace is from our trip to France, and in keeping with my new-found theme, I've added an old brass jingle bell to the tip. I just have to decide on what to use for a hanger.
The linen is a beautiful dove-grey, which matches the lace perfectly - oh how I wish I had bought more of that lace... it's the most beautiful taupey-grey (spell check is insisting that taupey isn't a word, and that grey is spelled wrong - spell check just can't  deal with creative people!)


The stocking above is made with a deeper taupe linen, accented with a torn ruffle and a silver button. 

I have several different stocking, in various sizes and stages of completion. I tried taking pictures of them today but the light was terrible and the angle was wrong - they looked completely out of proportion and sickly - delete, delete, delete.  I'm thinking I'm just going to have to give up and go outside to take them, and as there is snow that doesn't seem to want to melt, the pictures might even look festive.

It's two weeks now to my Sale and I am in high gear - late nights, and piles and heaps everywhere. Blurry eyes and sore fingers, fabric everywhere... I'm in heaven!

13 comments:

Michelle May said...

Beautiful girlfriend! I wish I could be there for your sale. I know it's going to be wonderful!
xx

Laura said...

I can't wait to come an assess the "finished" pile!! 2 weeks will FLY by...

MosaicMagpie said...

Beautiful! The fact your brain is working in high gear, means you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing. Don't you love that feeling?
Deb

Suztats said...

Love it! It's a good thing for my pocketbook that I live so far away--I'd be at your sale, going crazy, and be broke in no time! The cone and stocking look so homey, yet classic too. Simplicity with style. Perfect.

oldgreymare said...

Jillayne,
Have you thought of wire? I used wire last year on my cones, with squiggles and curls and I loved it. They also held the cones straighter I thought when dangling from something else.
Working with linen is so satisfying for me too... like we are dipping into the past a bit, or am I romanticizing?
Enjoy and Have a fabulous sale!
xx
z

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Lovely creations Jillayne - the lace is so pretty.
Wire seems like a good idea for a hanger - I vote for that too.

Dorthe said...

Dear Jillayne ,
both are so beautiful, love your boot with the silver button-and the lace on your cone is gorgeous.
I`m working ,MUCH too- and my fingers are tired and hurting from stopping dolls en masse.
My next show and sale is also in 2 weeks, here in my shop--and then comes the ship again this year.
Hugs,and happy creating.
Dorthe

Createology said...

Jillayne your cones and stockings are lovely. That French lace is dreamy. I am sorry that I am not able to attend your sale. Everything you make is so beautiful. Happy fingers creating lovely gifts...

dianehobbit said...

Love the lace on the cone. I bought some wonderful lace whilst in Austria this year, which I am hesitant to use. Another trip to France might have to go on your planning list.

Wendy said...

How lovely!

Now, with the "grey", you're spelling it the "proper" way (I mean British English) and spellcheck doesn't like that, even if you set it to British English, it changes all your words to american English! Frustrating...

Alisa Noble said...

Don't you love how despite the piles and bleary eyes, you're in heaven?! That's the best.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jillayne,
Your cone or tussie is beautiful and I love the lace you added from your trip. I have these cones and use wire and some tinsel covered pipe cleaners that can bend and mold in different shapes adding some embellishments etc. The stocking is so darling and I love the color taupe. I love it with black or pink and brown too. I always spell grey this way and you are right spell check does not like it at all, but I do, so grey it is!! LOL

Best wishes on your big sale. I know you are in heaven. Wish I could come to your sale. I pray it is wonderful.

Have a wonderful weekend and lots of love to you.
Celestina Marie

suziqu's thread works said...

Just love your cone and stocking!
Oh that taupe is so elegant as is the French lace in a matching shade.
I have the opposite problem here in Australia at present with the light being so bright when I photograph my work it completely washes the colour out! Isn't it funny that you have the opposite problem at present!
Wishing you all the best with your sales!
Hugs from downunder,
Suzy