Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm Amazed By You


Busy days.

Haven't you all heard that before, especially at this time of year? Seems everywhere you look, it's a common refrain; we're all busy, busy, busy with holiday creativity...

Many weeks ago I did a post about something or other and happened to mention darning eggs and the fact that I had been on the look out for one for years.

Over the next few weeks, two beautiful specimens landed in my Inbox, real mail that is.


the first was from Diane, of Diane Knott's Musings,


Diane also tucked in some wonderful photo transfers, along with a beautiful art card of her own work - can't wait to play with these!

 

and then a treasure box from Deb of Mosaic Magpie, with the little beauty above and all the fun below


more ephemera than I've ever seen in my life!


all packed up in a little box that exudes creativity

Deb said in her email, "No need for thanks, we share out of love."

 So true, and yet so not true.

My face to face friends and I share with each other all the time. We talk and laugh and share, tangibles and intangibles, all the while in the comfort of knowing who we are with; an honesty that comes with face to face conversations and the nuances of body language. We know implicitly that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and we like nothing better to aid and abet a kindred spirit.

Why then, does it seem that the same should not necessarily true with our online friends?
Is it because we have heard so many stories of awful deceptions?

It seems it should be harder to forge those same bonds with people we haven't met face to face, that connections made on line shouldn't be as deep and trusting. Logic would have us believe we can't know the truth of someone if we haven't seen them.
Logic?

I have been accused of being logical my whole life, by teachers, supervisors, friends, and relatives and I can tell you logic has nothing at all to do with blogging.  In blogging, logic takes a back seat to trust, and I am so grateful to know there is way more trust in me than anything else.

I am constantly amazed by all of the people I have met through blogging. You show yourselves, you share yourselves and you enrich my life with what you share, what you say and who you are.
You have opened my eyes to new pathways and brought things to my life that have helped me to figure who I really am.

And Deb is right, you do it for love.

But thanks are most definitely necessary.

Thank you to everyone!

And on another note, I am still having issues with commenting on certain blogs. If you have formatted your blog so comments come up in a separate dialogue box, it's all good. If you have it set so the comment box is embedded in the post itself, I can't comment no matter what I try, and believe me, I have tried it all! Blogger is saying the same thing - pop up comment boxes are fine, but the others are problematic. I try to email my comments but that isn't always easy, and somehow when the relevant post isn't right there,  it seems kind of weird. Don't know why, but it's weird anyway.

So if you're a new Follower, I am popping by, and loving what you do but can't always tell you!

18 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Jillayne,
a beautiful post full of love and wonderful thoughts .I`m in the :"knowing and loving and trusting" being able with blogging friends ,TOO
We meet it every day, and in every corner of the world, and I`m so very THANKFUL for that -just like you.
Jillayne do you also have problems commenting on my blog? I hope not, as I will miss you very much then.
I have myself installed Firefox, and uses that to commenting-since then I have no problems at -all. I still use Internet Explorer for many other things!!
Hugs and love and happy week-end friend.
Dorthe

FlowerLady said...

What a lovely post. Online friends have been a blessing in my life and I am oh so thankful for all.

I have a darning egg that was DH's grandmother's.

Have a wonderful weekend.

FlowerLady

Brynwood Needleworks said...

I agree, Jillayne. This is a lovely post! Deb and Diane are such wonderful people and we're so fortunate to have both of them in Blogland. I know you'll love having your darning eggs. I own three different ones that belonged to my mother-in-law. I was blessed to have them passed to me. Perhaps I'll do a post on them soon and link back to this post as my inspiration. I hope you have a restful weekend, my friend.
xoxo
Donna

Suztats said...

A beautiful post, Jillayne, and reflects my feelings on all the love, caring, and sharing I have found in blogland. Living in the woods,( and not getting out very often) it's especially nice to visit with my online friends each day.
I finally figured out how to adjust the comments box (I'm techno challenged) so you should now be able to leave a comment.
Hugs

Whytefeather said...

What wonderful mail treasures from Diane and Deb!
I have made some great friends through blogland. I love to be able to share, both thoughts and little items to send in the mail to give some one a smile or pick-me-up. Deb is right, we do it for love. Have fun with your new treasures!

MosaicMagpie said...

Thank you for the sweet thank you. I meant it when I said no thanks necessary but I must admit I enjoyed reading the post. It seems as though there are times you just need to follow your heart when it comes to doing things for others. When you follow your heart, it seems to never lead you astray.
Deb

Createology said...

Jillayne dear you have once again shared a beautiful post with such heartfelt sentiments. There truly is so much caring and sharing among blogland. It is strange to trust people we have never met face to face...however I really feel there are those we connect with merely by sharing blogs and emails. I have found new friends whom I am really connected with. Thank you for being someone I trust...

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Jillayne,
What a wonderful post with such insite and logic. I love logic and can so relate to you in what you say.
I love the darning eggs you recieved from such wonderful blog friends. Love what Deb said about doing it out of love and Diane is such a dear friend of mine and I think the world of her.

Blogland has really given us such blessings and for that I am so thankful.
Thankful for you as well and the inspiring and heartfelt friend that you are brings joy to so many.

Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful rest of the weekend.
Love to you, Celestina Marie

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Jillayne,

How wonderful that you received the lovely darning eggs from your blog friends. I am so thankful too, knowing special and talented friends like yourself. Who would have thought when we first started blogging that we would be able to share this wonderful friendship.
Thanks for the lovely post and I hope you are enjoying your weekend

Hugs
Carolyn

Diane said...

Jillayne, What goes around, comes around. YOU are a kind and thoughtful person...so it just comes right back to you. Deb and I are only sharing with another sharing soul and yes, isn't it amazing how a person's character can come across the miles through a technological medium. Who would ever have thought...
And just think what our pioneer ancestors, and those traveling across the seas so many years ago would think about how they could have kept in touch with loved ones...loved ones they probably never saw again. For all of technologies problems, it has also brought kindness, sharing and the finding of kindred spirits across those miles....
A blessing!
Hugs, Diane

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

I´m right there with you Jillayne - Who would ever have believed that blogging would change so much in our lives. I´m so thoughly thankful ever day.
Wishing you a wonderful day and week.
xo Tina

Marj Talbot said...

What nice blogging friends to send you the darning eggs. I don't know that a lot of people darn anymore, but that was always a fun thing for my husband. He used to sit for hours and darn his work socks. Sometimes he had more darn than sock and I think I finally convinced him to just get rid of the socks. He too has an egg - not sure where or how he acquired it.
Blogging is one great way to share and keep in touch and with our up=coming move, I shall be ever greatfull for this privilege.
Thanks for sharing and just for being you.
xoxo

Michelle May said...

A lovely and oh so true post sweets. Amazing how blogging brings so many together. Kindred spirits. Love and hugs to you!

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Jillayne,
What a beautiful post and so true!!! I am amazed each and everyday by the kindness that I find through my fellow bloggers. There are some truly wonderful people out there!
I absolutely love your blog and I will definitely be following along!
Have a lovely night.
Sincerely,
Melinda
P.S. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment, I really appreciated it!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Cheryl said...

Arn't some people so kind Jillayne.
Aren't some people so kind Jillayne. It never ceases to amaze me. I am right there with you on internet friends being important too, I have a friend that I 'met' on line during a 2000 quilt charm swap and we have been firm friends for the last 11 years. How incredible is that to received two darning eggs, so pleased for you.
Hugs
C xxx

Alisa Noble said...

The blogworld truly is a beautiful and magical place!

Bead and Needle said...

This is a GREAT post, Jillayne...I have actually been fortunate enough to meet and spend time with four gals I have met through the internet...amazing women, all, and my life is definitely more enriched for having been fortunate enough to meet them. And the ones I haven't met are every bit as dear to me!

Glad you got those darning eggs...I was still looking, as well! Happy rest of the week - Tanya

Bead and Needle said...

I ALMOST FORGOT!!! Thanks for the heads-up on the comment thing last month - I changed mine to a pop-up box, after research, and it seems to have solved the problem...for now, anyway - thanks again, Jillayne. Happy Thursday!