Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Helloooo?

It's been so long since I have posted I wonder...
Are you still there?

I'm still here...


"Balance" may have been a better word choice for me last January but when I think about it, I'm feelin' a little content right now anyhow.
Sale's over, room's almost clean and tidy, fabric pile is marginally lower.... and my pile of unfinished projects actually went down instead of up - a pretty good fiscal report I'd say


these are a few pics from the main event

I didn't design these guys but had more fun than you can imagine making them. I think I laughed out loud as each face was completed... so much character in their little faces...


lots of stockings- I used that stretchy gathered lace on the one below


the best suggestion for the cone hangers was wire but I didn't have time to go looking for some

woven ribbon seemed like a reasonable alternative and then I remembered a bracelet of my Grandmother's that I had taken apart

back-view
 it was made of ivory-like squares that are carved like a rose and they were linked together with elastic... I cut the elastic and used some of the squares to help attach the ribbons

We had far too much fun but oh, I'm glad it's over.

and now I have a lot of catching up to do with you

what's been keeping you up at night?



13 comments:

Laura said...

The fact that I didn't get to bring a new baby Snelf home with me. I had a name selected and everything (Milton). Sigh...

oldgreymare said...

Sounds like you had a great sale. WoOt!

xx
z

Tina Eudora said...

Hey Jillayne!
I am so glad to hear your sale was a success! Everything looks gorgeous and the pieces from your grandmother's bracelet are so special and unique. I'll be watching for any other posts with pics of the event! I love craft shows!!!
Tina xo

FlowerLady said...

Your creations are always a delight to see. I can see myself laughing with each face created if I was making those little cuties too. They are adorable and your stockings lovely.

Have a wonderful Christmas holiday season.

FlowerLady

Marj Talbot said...

Well, let's see - what's been keeping me up??? One box after the other but the move is about all in place. If you start at 2 or 3 AM you can get lots done. lol
Sorry to have missed your sale - what a delight the little characters are. Lovely work as usual - good idea for the bracelet parts. Hope things settle down for you now.
Hugs

Suztats said...

Delightful little elves! I think they'd make anyone smile. So glad your sale was a success. What's been keeping me up? Unfortunately, right now, a sinus infection and reaction to the meds. On new ones, so hope they do the trick.
We have some snow, so it's looking a little Christmasy here.

Wendy said...

I'm still here! glad you enjoyed the sale but glad to have you back

Dorthe said...

Love your little guyes Jillayne, and how wonderful you had a good show,- I`m off tomorrow for the whole week-end- so please wish me luck :)
Hugs and love, Dorthe

MosaicMagpie said...

Cute faces everywhere! I love the stocking and how you used a bit of the bracelet. Good thinking!
Deb

Cheryl said...

Jillayne, I love the stockings!
Hugs
Cxxx

Diane said...

Good Morning, Jillayne! I've been busy too, but nowhere near like you have with your sale! Time to take a deep breath? LOL!

Hugs, Diane

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jillayne,
love the stocking! So pretty.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

Michelle May said...

Everything looks soooooooo wonderful! I hope it was a good sale and I hope you have recovered.
xx