Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Still


 Still...

still feeling a little overdone, a little stretched, but now finally, on the home stretch....
Thanks to all of you for your kind words
Making time, finding time, taking time - it's always all about time, and I have never pretended to be good at time management

I think sometimes part of my problem is an insatiable, incurable desire to try so many different things- it would be so easy if I was passionate about only one craft
But I have been blessed (cursed??) with a curious mind and all the creative world's my oyster....


but all these crafts take a lot of time
and just when I think I have given myself a good talking to, I go and get inspired all over again... and find new things that whisper all manner of creative seductions in my ear
stretchy lace is just such a thing... oohhh the things I could make...
add to that a fine brass chain and a drapery hanger and off I go again
more supplies, more ideas, more of everything except for time to execute all these great ideas that rattle around my head


on the upside - I did a little drawing the other day and this fun fellow is the centrepiece of a wallhanging I am working on

I am loving it, but most of all, I am loving that I am doing something!
other than housework that is... dusting chairs, mopping floors....

11 comments:

Dorthe said...

Hi sweet Jillayne, how familiar all this sounds,- but truly I believe it is a blessing- even though we don`t alwayes accomplish to create all the fantastic ideas, floating around in hour heads-and even though, our shelves are overloaded with fabrics and art materials to be used.......
I LOVE IT -LOL
You fellow is a beautiful sweet deer, --your wall hanging will be so special, with this drawing from your own hands.
Hugs, Dorthe

robynart said...

Hi Jillayne, I can relate to everything you say, but how fortunate are we to be gifted with such desire to create, without it life would be so dull and empty. Keep on going, happy creating!!

Marj Talbot said...

I can't agree more - life would be dull and empty without creating. One day we all will stop or slow to a crawl but then we can reminisce about all the things that we've created. Life will still be full - of treasures - and hopefully the stock room mostly empty. lol
I can't wait to see your wall hanging - the little fellow is so cute - well drawn.

MosaicMagpie said...

What would we think about, if not the next art project? Those thoughts circle through my mind all the time. I even dream about ideas! Clean enough so your house is not dirty, iron enough so you look presentable and keep those dreams alive the rest of the time. Love the deer and his swirly antlers.
Deb

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Oh Jillayne...I can so relate and just recently had a similar conversation with myself! I wouldn't change a thing, but I do secretly admire those that can focus on one direction and master it. Some of us just aren't cut from that cloth. Love your sweet deer and I don't think you should change either. I enjoy seeing all that you accomplish! You are amazing! Connie

oldgreymare said...

I can relate. I can be knee deep in a project only to find my mind wandering off to the next few projects planned.

I am currently retraining my creative side to slow down and simplify just as I have mastered the technique in home design and lifestyle...I'll get there eventually I hope. Pinterest is not helping though lol!
xxx
z

Becca said...

Hi Jillayne! I love your sketch...I can't wait to see the wall hanging! Ha...I felt like you were talking to me with this post. LOL I can't seem to stay with one media for very long at all...I'm always off to try something new! I think variety keeps our creative spirit from getting old don't you? :-)

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Life would be soooooooo dull if we only did one thing forever. What's more amazing is being good at many things! :)
Love this deer doodle! Can't wait to see your wall hanging!
xx, shell

Tina @ TinyBear said...

That´s exactly it, isn´t it. I can so relate.
Can´t wait to see your wallhanging.
Have a wonderful weekend.
xo Tina

Createology said...

Ahhh...I too relate so well to your desires to do it all and try all manners of creative endeavors...only to realize I need to just focus on one thing and create. Your reindeer looks very interesting and I am so happy you are finally spending time creating. Stretchy lace??? Little drapery clips??? Chain??? Oh how you tempt the creative urge...

FredaB said...

I think we are all in the same boat. My mind never stops and it is always thinking of a new project before the old one is done. Maybe that is why cq grabs me because it is always something different to do.

I have got myself very interested in the paper arts recently and also making domino necklaces for family and friends. At least we are never bored. I often wonder what people do all day who do not have our hobbies.

Hugs

FredaB