Monday, July 11, 2011

Patience


Do you ever need to make something but you're not sure how you want it to be?
I am in that design pickle more often than not; although ideas flow through my head constantly, they don't always pertain to what is needed at that precise moment.
That's how it's been for me for a few weeks... I needed to get started on the invitations for my annual Christmas Sale but no idea of what to do - and I like them to be different every year.
I read somewhere a long time ago that suggested if you have a problem to solve, you should just forget about it rather than stewing - your brain will whirr away, then it will come to you and you'll say "Aha!"...
Uh-huh.... I'd been waiting two whole weeks and not a single image, thought, word, design or anything at all had come to mind.


Well, last night it worked. Or should I say, in the wee small hours of today. 
I had an idea last night and made templates, gathered fabric and thread and went to bed thinking I could finally make a start today.
Woke up this morning with the uneasy feeling that something was wrong and realized what I was thinking of doing wasn't what I wanted at all - I had hearts and cute fabric but what I wanted was more ragged and sparkly, and not another heart!
And in a split second, what you see above is what popped in to my head.


 Out of bed, into my sewing room and in no time at all, this was what I came up with. 
I love it!
All I need to do now is print out the details, pretty it up, and glue it to the back.


I love "Wish" for the word.
My sale is all about wishes...
I wish everyone will have a good time
I wish that I will have enough things for the number of people that come
I wish they all find something they adore
They wish they will find something they adore and no one else has beat them to it...

One big Wish List


Wishing for a divine design idea does seem to pay off, but only if you're patient!
And if any of you know of a source for light blueish-grey seam binding, please let me know. What you see above is all I have and if I can't get any more,  I guess it's back to waiting for another brainwave... patiently of course!

13 comments:

MosaicMagpie said...

The "Wish" on the back is just perfect!
Deb

alveen said...

Love your inspiration! Perhaps this link may help with the seam binding -
http://zipperstop.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=21&Itemid=95

Laura said...

That puts last year's invite to absolute shame. Gorgeous!!

Shirley said...

I always enjoy seeing what you come up with. I have been trying to catch up on some of my reading before I call it a night. It has been so extremely hot today and is still 89 degrees at 10:30 P.M.. That means it won't cool down much. I do like your wish idea for your invitation. We all have those wishes. Take care Your Missouri Friend.

Dorthe said...

Hi dear friend, your creative brain came up with a beautiful idea- I so love this tiny star.
And I wish for you all goes well. :)
Hugs,Dorthe

Marj Talbot said...

Now that's cute - really nice.
Hope you find the seam binding you're looking for. Good work!!

oldgreymare said...

I too was going to recommend zipperstop.
hundreds of colors and great pricing. <3

xx
z

Createology said...

Your star is as bright and shining as you are my dear. Brilliant idea. Zipperstop is unanimous.
I am so sorry your Josie is not feeling well. Our little fur-children are so very precious to us and I pray your Josie will feel better very soon.
I am trying to catch up from being gone, however blogland is a very busy place. Shining Stars to you...

Suztats said...

"When you wish upon a star" .....perfect for Christmas wishes, and everyday ones, too!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jillayne,

I love your pretty wish star, and glad your idea paid off, with patience.
Dawn over at the Feather Nest had a lot of seam bindings and I think she had the place where you could get it from. Had a look and it is Zipperstop.com.
Hope that helps.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Michelle May (Shell) said...

I looooooooooove it!!! Ok, so even though I can't get up to your fabulous show, if you have any left over invites, I want one! :) :) :)
xx, shell

Diane said...

Jillayne, this is lovely and a "gift" for the recipient of the invitation as well. I buy my seam binding on Etsy at various places. If you put "seam binding" in their search engine, you'll find more sources than you need! :-)

Happy Summer to you!
Hugs,
Diane

FredaB said...

Hi Jillayne

I purchased a lot of seam binding last year from this place. Price was competetive with any other and the quality was good when it arrived. They have a ton of colors.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Bluebirdlane?section_id=5157760

I believe it was Diane Knott who recommended them to me.

Hugs

FredaB