Thirty-seven years ago the man pictured below came into my life..
Please meet Harold, my Mom's husband. I should also probably say "My Step-Father" but I hesitate to call him that as he has truly been a father to me.
He is one of the most caring and considerate people you could ever hope to know and generous to a fault.
I've always loved posts that begin "10 Random Things I Love About..." and I think that might be a fun way of celebrating some of that which is Harold....
so here we go, in no particular order:
1. He grows the best tomatoes in the world and gives both plants and tomatoes themselves to everyone, and I mean everyone.
2. He is the only person I know that has ever grown a yellow tomato that looked exactly like a rubber duck - it was hilarious!
3. He loves to buy lottery tickets and plan how he will share with all seven of the kids in our family if he wins the big one.
4. He loves to meet new people and is the first one to offer them a beer - always.
5. He will help anybody do anything, and even then, he's the first to offer the beer!
6. He's handy with a hammer and can build just about anything my Mom can dream up, as long as she stays out of the way and lets him do it the way he wants. (sorry Mom, but it's true!)
7. He's willing to have His and Her's gardens to keep the peace and tranquility of the neighbourhood intact!
8. He loved my kids from the first day and is The Best Grandpa Ever.
9. He can polish your car to perfect shine.
10. He makes my Mom happy.
Happy 81st birthday Harold!!
Love and Hugs, Jill