Friday, May 20, 2011

My New Home

It had to happen sooner or later..

I would stumble across a place in France that would have that pull, the one that makes you want to put your everyday life aside and run off to something new.


Lourmarin is just such a place.
We were there three years ago and loved it, and we just had to go back…

And sometimes, you can go back again.
The stars and planets align, and you are as delighted as you once were. Not many changes, at least none for the worse, and you settle yourself and say "Yes, here I am, where I ought to be."

As we wandered the streets of the old town I felt the tug to stay at every corner and as I delighted over each new view, I also imagined what living there would be like.

Did you know that the nervous system can't tell the difference between a real experience and one that is vividly imagined?
If that is indeed true, then I should be happy because I would know that I have lived a lifetime in this small village of charm and grace.

So I would like to show you around, if you have time…

This is my front door, shadowed in the late morning,



The street is very narrow, but it has an amazing sightline,



The garage door is just the right shade of grey.




And here is the patio where we can enjoy a glass of rose.


My favourite cafe makes the best Cafe Grand Creme in France, in my humble opinion, and the Petit Dejeuner is not to be missed…


And when you come to visit, I have the perfect room for you, high up where you can fling the shutters wide.

And we will live la bon vie!



15 comments:

Bead and Needle said...

I think you're going to LOVE you charming, new home!!! Looks like you're having a marvelous time, Jillayne...travel safe!

Laura said...

Ohhhh it looks beautiful! You guys need a cottage there for the winter months or something... so you're going to have to have a really, really, REALLY big sale this year :-)

Diane said...

Oh, you're making me dream, Jillayne!!
It looks like your weather is DIVINE!
Hugs, diane

Becca said...

Oo I love that place! I can just imagine sitting out on that patio with a glass of wine!

Createology said...

Oh I do know exactly what you mean when you say you are home! This little French town is charming. Many times Mr. C and I relive a special place we have visited in another country and our memories are so welcoming and wonderful. We have never gone back to relive any of our favorites as there are far too many new places for us to explore. Enjoy your lovely new home even if for only a few days...

Tina @ TinyBear said...

It´s beautiful Jillayne. That would a place for me too. One can always dream. Thanks for the wonderful photos
xo Tina

Suztats said...

I've packed my bags! Where's my passport??

FredaB said...

Hi Jillayne

I will be with you in my dreams. It sounds so lovely.

Your last post was in my nightmares. I get terrible vertigo with heights and mountains.

It does sound as if you are having
a wonderful time and storing up more great memories.

Enjoy!

Hugs

FredaB

Prulletje said...

I am on my way for a delcious petit dejeuner on the patio !

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jillayne,

Your new home is beautiful, I love it and you will be very happy in this charming little village.
Enjoy your time there.

Hugs
Carolyn

Appleshoe said...

How beautiful. Your front door looks like a painting. Take care.

Marj Talbot said...

Another wonderfull chapter to your book. Such a nice spot which I"m sure will hold many memories.
Thanks tons for the photos - almost like being there - at lease in our dreams.

Michelle May (Shell) said...

I'll be right over to stay FOREVER!!! Oh my gosh is that ever fabulous!
xx, shell

Susan said...

I know you are enjoying your place in Lourmarin - we stayed in an apartment there for a week several years ago. Got to know the village very well, in fact I recognized the picture you have of the cafes and stores. Of course, we all wish we were there with you. Enjoy, enjoy!!!

Amparo Curtis said...

What a fantastic sight and you are living the dream! Also, the place is just like the ones I see in the movies. Simple and yet there is a certain aura that shows a classy appeal in it.