Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tally Ho!

The months slip past and we are now firmly into April - time sure flies!

Today I finished the little journal cover...


I added some lace to the side, with tiny buttons, stitched fronds and leaves and french knots and added glass beads that look like a kind of flower or leaf. It isn't what I had in mind when I started but it's where I ended up.


Way more delicate than I expected. Prettier, daintier...


The canvas was definitely not as easy to stitch through as I expected it to be either! 
Poke, jab, curse...


Even though I like it just fine, it isn't what I wanted and I'm kind of surprised I even went along with it. I think the flower dictated everything else and there was no sense arguing - just go with the flow...

But as I get the final say about what goes in my suitcase, this cover isn't coming. I'm going to list it in my Etsy Shop and begin again, and this time I am going to stay focused!


Speaking of focused, it's also time to tally up how I did for the month of March:

27/31 days of Yoga Everyday
12.05 metres Fabric In
10.00 metres Fabric Out
1 Letter Written
3 New Projects Started
1 Old Project finished

Hmm...well, the yoga's pretty darn good! 
My daughter gave me brand new LuLu Lemon yoga pants for my birthday and they have certainly inspired me to hit the mat more than ever. 
The new projects/old projects is not looking that great but out of all the projects I have started this year, only three are not completed. So I may not be climbing out of my hole, but I ain't digging it much deeper!

Year to date:

62/90 Days of Yoga Everyday
23.45 metres Fabric In
19.9 metres Fabric Out
18 New Projects Started
16 Old Projects Finished
15 New Projects Finished
4 Letters Written

Not bad, all things considered, not bad.

Except for the fabric... I know I got most of it at 60% off, but even so....
I need an intervention, or a 12 Step Program, or perhaps the local shop could just buy more ugly fabric? 
I'll have to ask... next time I'm in...

10 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Jillayne:
Your journal cover is beautiful! Congratulations on your ongoing accomplishments. It looks like fun to gauge your progress. I hope you have a great new week!
xoxo
Donna

Marj Talbot said...

The journal is very nice but I can see that it would be delicate in a suitcase. Still, it would be nice to have it with you.
Your in/out is looking pretty good. Is there such a thing as ugly fabric? It all has a purpose and a place - some have more places and purposes for sure.
Thanks for sharing the journal. It's lovely.

Createology said...

Love your journal cover as the canvas is rough and the flowers are so soft and delicate. Great juxtaposition. You really making progress on your monthly lists. Very impressive overall. I am not even comfortable with the idea of comparing my pros and cons with myself. How exciting to be planning your upcoming trip. May you have a productive week ahead...

Dorthe said...

Dear Jillayne,
this is what Jane Austins caracters would hold in their hands, writing bits of poesy-- how very beautifull, and lovely.
And I must say you are doing good- keeping to your program of yoga- and most every other things--about the fabric--I don`t blame you, sweet,-we are alowed a little weakness now and then :)
Hugs,-and happy week.
Dorthe

FlowerLady said...

What a lovely journal.

FlowerLady

Diane said...

Jillayne, I wouldn't count on fabric shops buying more ugly fabric! LOL! You're on your own! Self control, my friend! Ha! Ha! What's that? ;-) Not when it comes to our supplies.

The journal's beautiful! The way you are creating the flowers is elegant and gorgeous. I haven't tried it yet but must!

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs, Diane

Becca said...

Oh Jillayne! I LOVE this journal! I really like the rough type fabric with the softness of the lace and flowers...so beautiful. :-)

Karen said...

Beautifully made journal.....something to write down your special thoughts or maybe poetry? Probably way too nice to carry on a trip.

Your work is really nice. I can only imagine how difficult sewing on canvas is. Your poor fingers! The large flower is gorgeous!

Enjoy your day!

Hugs, Karen

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Jillayne,
Your journal is beautiful. I just love it and I am sure it will not last in your etsy shoppe. Your talents always go over the moon with your ideas!
You certainly got a lot accomplished year to date. Congrats to you!. Isn't it a great feeling to get projects finished?

I so understand the need for a 12 step program. I need it for sure when it comes to supplies, art goodies and more. It's hopeless for me. LOL

Have a great evening and happy creating.

Becky Shander said...

Lovely hand stitched details...thanks for sharing your how-to's.